+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How many cases were there in Wales and any idea where most of them were?

If the quotes in this article are correct, testing in our "world beating" system which was supposed to have been sorted out in September is a shambles;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rol-cases-soar
    Caerphilly, RCT, and Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Caerphilly, RCT, and Cardiff
    Should have said. 25 Caerphilly, 23 Rhondda, 10 Cardiff

How many cases were there in Wales and any idea where most of them were?

If the quotes in this article are correct, testing in our "world beating" system which was supposed to have been sorted out in September is a shambles;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rol-cases-soar
    98 cases in wales yesterday

These rises have got to be a lot to do with the amount of testing though surely? Lots of workplaces are conducting private testing, I'm getting tested every week myself and my industry is testing thousands every week, makes sense that cases are going up

Im sure its partly to testing but its almost certainly becoming more widespread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    These rises have got to be a lot to do with the amount of testing though surely? Lots of workplaces are conducting private testing, I'm getting tested every week myself and my industry is testing thousands every week, makes sense that cases are going up
    The official figures showed a drop in the number of tests last week - does the sort of testing your company is doing appear on them I wonder? Presumably they do.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Should have said. 25 Caerphilly, 23 Rhondda, 10 Cardiff
    Thanks John, not encouraging is it.

The official figures showed a drop in the number of tests last week - does the sort of testing your company is doing appear on them I wonder? Presumably they do.
    I don't know to be honest, I was assuming any positives that turn up in my industry (like Robert Pattison testing positive on Batman the other day) would be counted as part of the official numbers of cases, which might account for some of the uptick when you factor in all the other industries doing private testing as well

Rhondda Mobile Testing Centre to open.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...covid-18889614

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...edern-18890455

Latest school today in Cardiff. The figures will just go up and up this week I fear.
    What a headache this all is.
    Can’t see us being able to watch any live football this season at all at this rate.

Thanks John, not encouraging is it.
    No it's not encouraging. Worse reported to day....133 in Wales, 31 Caerphilly, 20 Rhondda, 15 Cardiff, 11 Powys

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...edern-18890455

Latest school today in Cardiff. The figures will just go up and up this week I fear.
    What a headache this all is.
    Can’t see us being able to watch any live football this season at all at this rate.
    Teachers really need to be more careful with what they do outside school nowadays

Looking for a bit of advice, can’t find any guidance online, my wife is a teacher and one of her pupils who shes seen for 3 days last week was showing symptoms this morning and has a covid test. No result yet, but if positive she has to self isolate for 14 days, does that include me or do I need to wait til any symptoms? (Hopefully none) thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Looking for a bit of advice, can’t find any guidance online, my wife is a teacher and one of her pupils who shes seen for 3 days last week was showing symptoms this morning and has a covid test. No result yet, but if positive she has to self isolate for 14 days, does that include me or do I need to wait til any symptoms? (Hopefully none) thanks
    I think this would apply.

I presume it would be the same as if she was contact traced.

You wouldnt need to isolate. Unless she develops symptoms.

https://gov.wales/contact-tracing-yo...#section-43134

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131

England ban on social groups over 6 people. Basically no house parties as all leisure, work and school facilities to stay open.
    How they’ll police pubs and restaurants with people congregating who knows.
    With the latest happenings in Caerphilly, and RCT only days away from following the same restrictions - pretty sure Wales as a whole will follow suit.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/sta...452422151?s=19

how many of these did we commit to buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/sta...452422151?s=19

how many of these did we commit to buying?
    The article you quote says "The AstraZeneca vaccine trials have been halted after the drug gave adverse reaction to a trial participant in the UK". Presumably this is just one participant out of thousands? It seems a bit dramatic to halt the whole trial - I guess it must have been a severe adverse reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131

England ban on social groups over 6 people. Basically no house parties as all leisure, work and school facilities to stay open.
    How they’ll police pubs and restaurants with people congregating who knows.
    With the latest happenings in Caerphilly, and RCT only days away from following the same restrictions - pretty sure Wales as a whole will follow suit.
    As these new outbreaks become more frequent and the many will be penalised/inconvenienced by the stupidity of the few I think there will be a trend towards Joe Public reporting incidents to the police along the lines of CrimeStoppers. Whether the police have the manpower to act on all the tip-offs is debatable of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The article you quote says "The AstraZeneca vaccine trials have been halted after the drug gave adverse reaction to a trial participant in the UK". Presumably this is just one participant out of thousands? It seems a bit dramatic to halt the whole trial - I guess it must have been a severe adverse reaction?
    there will be predetermined acceptance criteria for the trial, and you have to consider that one adverse reaction in however many vaccines they've trialled so far could scale up to a lot when. you roll it out to millions of people

What I don't get about the events of the last few weeks is why are numbers increasing now when for quite a while after shops, pubs, restaurants etc opened and people were allowed to meet up in other's homes the downward trend was continuing? Youngsters are getting the blame for the upward trend, but it seems to me that throughout the summer, there were plenty of instances where young and older people were gathering groups which ran into four figures and yet there was nothing like the dramatic increases seen recently.

I always thought problems would arise once people were allowed to drink inside pubs. I saw an article written a few days before pubs reopened about how drinking habits would have to change and people would have to limit themselves to just a small number of drinks and thinking that's never going to happen. Possibly more than any other country, UK citizens go out to get pissed and with that the control which would have you following social distancing regulations at the start of your night would gradually disappear. So, I'd argue that has something to do with the increases but, as I mentioned, pubs were open for a while without seeing a big increase in new cases.

We were told that September should be a fairly quiet month before autumn hit and the traditional flu season began, but, with August being something of a wash out, has autumn/winter started early this year and could that be a factor - it certainly has had a bit of an autumnal feel lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there will be predetermined acceptance criteria for the trial, and you have to consider that one adverse reaction in however many vaccines they've trialled so far could scale up to a lot when. you roll it out to millions of people
    There is always a person who is allergic to something though isn’t there?
    I really wouldn’t know how many people can meet up in Wales now anyway, is it 10 or 2 families? I can see bars being shut down to stop the 18-30’s spreading it this winter. It’s going to be tough for that age group.

What I don't get about the events of the last few weeks is why are numbers increasing now when for quite a while after after shops, pubs, restaurants etc opened and people were allowed to meet up in other's homes the downward trend was continuing? Youngsters are getting the blame for the upward trend, but it seems to me that throughout the summer, there were plenty of instances where young and older people were gathering groups which ran into four figures and yet there was nothing like the dramatic increases seen recently.

I always thought problems would arise once people were allowed to drink inside pubs. I saw an article written a few days before pubs reopened about how drinking habits would have to change and people would have to limit themselves to just a small number of drinks and thinking that's never going to happen. Possibly more than any other country, UK citizens go out to get pissed and with that the control which would have you following social distancing regulations at the start of your night would gradually disappear. So, I'd argue that has something to do with the increases but, as I mentioned, pubs were open for a while without seeing a big increase in new cases.

We were told that September should be a fairly quiet month before autumn hit and the traditional flu season began, but, with August being something of a wash out, has autumn/winter started early this year and could that be a factor - it certainly has had a bit of an autumnal feel lately.
    It is strange, schools only started 2 days ago so can’t be that, students aren’t really here yet or just arriving now.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It is strange, schools only started 2 days ago so can’t be that, students aren’t really here yet or just arriving now.
    Schools could be a factor in England. Most of them started last week or the week before.

We have got a big secondary school over the road from us and a big primary school behind. For well over a week the super-spreaders and their parents have been swarming twice a day with a handful of masks and bugger all social isolation!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Schools could be a factor in England. Most of them started last week or the week before.

We have got a big secondary school over the road from us and a big primary school behind. For well over a week the super-spreaders and their parents have been swarming twice a day with a handful of masks and bugger all social isolation!
    Scotland's figures started going up after a long period where new cases were very low and deaths almost non existent around the same time as they went back to school in mid August, but there is little being said about schools being behind the increase when I would have thought it would be something that would be easy to identify if it were the cause - of course, it may be that Governments would not want the news in the public domain even if it was happening, given the political fall out if they were to have to close again.