+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    From what I gather Oxford vaccine is committed to overseas countries too so 50 million won’t go far, they can only produce 2 million a week too.....
    The Serum institute in India has an agreement with AZ to manufacture the Oxford vaccine for Asia and Africa. They are the biggest vaccine manufacturers in the world. They say they have already made 40m doses

Johnson said he hopes to have everyone over 70 plus I believe all care workers
    etc vaccinated by mid Feb.

If they fail miserably to deliver this then I think thats it just resign.

Lets hope this roll out is quick and the delay to the 2nd dose proves the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Lets hope this roll out is quick and the delay to the 2nd dose proves the right one.
    Another ambitious target that is unlikely to be realised. I think that target is for England as responsibility for delivering the vaccine in Wales lies with the WG.

He's fecked as it is surely? Not a chance he'll make the next election, same for Hancock & Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Another ambitious target that is unlikely to be realised. I think that target is for England as responsibility for delivering the vaccine in Wales lies with the WG.
    Yes. The WG havent made the same sort of targets . Think Gethin said Wales should be up to the same levels as the rest of the UK.I think ive read Johnsons target would be 13m. Maybe wrong.

Gethin and Drakeford need to be up to speed at a minimum with the rest of the UK.

If Johnson delivers this and the WG are miles off then serious questions will be asked and maybe time for them to go.

Couldnt hold them to account if Johnson is miles off again though and the WG are up to the same sort of speed.

They all need to get this done as quick and effectively as possible. But please no more rubbish.

Lets hope Johnson delivers his target and the WG are as they say up to the same level.

Anyone know the rates per 100,000 around Wales currently? Can’t find them....

Anyone know the rates per 100,000 around Wales currently? Can’t find them....
    Yesterday.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...eaths-19558172

Cardiff is low....good news

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They only really need to vaccinate those at risk of hospitalisation to lift restrictions don't they?
    I guess so, they just need the NHS to get to a point where it can cope

Cardiff is low....good news
    Lower than others maybe, but hardly low. Around the start of September county-wide restrictions started to be reintroduced when cases were around 30 per 100k

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Lower than others maybe, but hardly low. Around the start of September county-wide restrictions started to be reintroduced when cases were around 30 per 100k
    Coming down I meant from what it was pre xmas etc....what was it when they shut the pubs in Dec 5th? And the schools on the 16th was it?

Coming down I meant from what it was pre xmas etc....what was it when they shut the pubs in Dec 5th? And the schools on the 16th was it?
    Inevitably cases will rise after the lunacy of Xmas get togethers.

Inevitably cases will rise after the lunacy of Xmas get togethers.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...wsApp_AppShare

With their endless U turns, second guessing and inability to see what is right in front of their faces, Johnson and his mob would be national laughing stocks by now if the circumstance weren't so tragic, while in Wales, the WAG appears to be making the UK Government look almost efficient when it comes to delivering the vaccine. Increasingly, I find myself thinking of a quote from Billy Connolly that I read on twitter last week - he said the fact someone wants to be a politician should automatically preclude them from becoming one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    With their endless U turns, second guessing and inability to see what is right in front of their faces, Johnson and his mob would be national laughing stocks by now if the circumstance weren't so tragic, while in Wales, the WAG appears to be making the UK Government look almost efficient when it comes to delivering the vaccine. Increasingly, I find myself thinking of a quote from Billy Connolly that I read on twitter last week - he said the fact someone wants to be a politician should automatically preclude them from becoming one.

Delivering the vaccine?
    Last edited by goats; 06-01-21 at 08:46. Reason: All

These clown don’t even seem accountable, can you even email any of them to air ones thoughts?

Oh dear! How are the WG doing with vaccine delivery? Yesterday in England 1.1m doses were administered. Perhaps Wales is doing better but I very much doubt it. Apparently the UK has vaccinated more people than the rest of Europe put together. And sadly, in this pandemic when the virus is controlling events, it's no wonder governments have to change course so quickly. If they didn't they would be accused of intransigence. Basically they can't win.

I think this by Rafael Behr sums up Johnson's leadership quite well

Oh dear! How are the WG doing with vaccine delivery? Yesterday in England 1.1m doses were administered. Perhaps Wales is doing better but I very much doubt it. Apparently the UK has vaccinated more people than the rest of Europe put together. And sadly, in this pandemic when the virus is controlling events, it's no wonder governments have to change course so quickly. If they didn't they would be accused of intransigence. Basically they can't win.
    1.1m yesterday.? Thats not right.

1.1m yesterday.? Thats not right.
    That's the figure quoted on Sky News, the BBC and in Parliament today. Apparently the 4 UK governments did 1.3m vaccines yesterday but I don't know how well or badly the WG did.

That's the figure quoted on Sky News, the BBC and in Parliament today. Apparently the 4 UK governments did 1.3m vaccines yesterday but I don't know how well or badly the WG did.
    Im pretty sure its 1.3m vaccinations in total as of yesterday.

Im pretty sure its 1.3m vaccinations in total as of yesterday.
    Let's wait and see. That wasn't the impression given but I could be wrong.

Everyone over 80 in Cardiff currently does know how badly they are doing....shockingly bad