+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Im not surprised by the Guardian comments. The only thing that's consistent with that newspaper since it originated as the Manchester Guardian is that it reviles the Tories
    Well, it evens up the balance a little bit from all of the papers who slavishly support the Conservatives no matter what while also reviling other parties.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Because it was under reported and is that really the only thing you find worthy of comment in that story about a Minister breaking the law? It’s touchingly naive of you to think that, with the job he’s got, Whitty would come out and make his disagreement with a Government formed by any party public.
    I wasn't commenting on the story though was I? I was asking why you say it was under reported. It was in the newspapers, where you saw it, and it was reported by BBC news. Do you mean it should have been over-reported?
    I see no reason why Mr Whitty wouldn't say what he means, after all Van Tam did and despite all the comments about him probably being gagged he wasn't and he still come on TV and answers questions on the briefings.

It's just that it is reported as a fact but in reality its someone else saying Mr Whitty said something and the government saying he didn't. It's just another example of journalist and the press looking for negatives to report, and not just the Gardian but all of them. Why not wait until he actually says it himself?

I make the point again jusat so it's clear - - I was not commenting on the story!!

Heisenberg

Because it was under reported and is that really the only thing you find worthy of comment in that story about a Minister breaking the law? It’s touchingly naive of you to think that, with the job he’s got, Whitty would come out and make his disagreement with a Government formed by any party public.
    I think xsnaggle hasn't realised that you have posted two separate articles judging by his response.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think xsnaggle hasn't realised that you have posted two separate articles judging by his response.
    Yes ssnaggle did. you really must stop fololwing me round you know, its not a good thing. If you read m responses instead of diving in to try and have a dig you will see I commented on them both or rather commented on one and remaked on TOBW's comments about the other. But you must have you little go. I mst really irritate you!

Yet again people defending the indefensible. Just because you voted for someone it doesn’t mean you have to defend something they do and cry when they are held account.

It’s bad enough when people are biased about football teams. But when it’s about a political party it is pathetic.

Actually saying someone is “following you around a messageboard” is even more moronic than defending a political party being criminal just because you voted for them.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Actually saying someone is “following you around a messageboard” is even more moronic than defending a political party being criminal just because you voted for them.
    It is less moronic than the person who is doing it though.
    As for defending a political party just because you voted for them, if you are referring to me defending anyone in these few posts I'd like you to show me where, and I'd also like to know how you know which way I voted in a secret ballot.
    But I don't expect you to answer any of those points directly, you'll just make more spurious comments.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes ssnaggle did. you really must stop fololwing me round you know, its not a good thing. If you read m responses instead of diving in to try and have a dig you will see I commented on them both or rather commented on one and remaked on TOBW's comments about the other. But you must have you little go. I mst really irritate you!
    Notice that I didn't reply to your post as you always moan about it. The only one of us who gets irritated is, very clearly, you.

If you don't want to see my posts just put me on ignore and stop fecking wingeing.

And, by the way, there's no way that you were referring to two different stories

International

Notice that I didn't reply to your post as you always moan about it. The only one of us who gets irritated is, very clearly, you.

If you don't want to see my posts just put me on ignore and stop fecking wingeing.

And, by the way, there's no way that you were referring to two different stories
    I like erading your posts, they make me laugh, why would I put you on ignore? I'm not winging I think its quite flattering.

You are clearly reading what you want to read not what is there.

1. Why do you say it was under reported?........referring to TOBW's rearks about the second article.

2. And the governemnt has said Whitty was no against the plan, and he has not publicly said he is, the reported disquiet is third hand. I'd wait to see what he says himself........... referring to the first article.

Got that?

Heisenberg

I like erading your posts, they make me laugh, why would I put you on ignore? I'm not winging I think its quite flattering.

You are clearly reading what you want to read not what is there.

1. Why do you say it was under reported?........referring to TOBW's rearks about the second article.

2. And the governemnt has said Whitty was no against the plan, and he has not publicly said he is, the reported disquiet is third hand. I'd wait to see what he says himself........... referring to the first article.

Got that?
    You don't find it "flattering" at all, you have got angry numerous times when I have replied to your posts.

You called me a "stalker" the other day and had a right little rant.

Look, if I think you're wrong about something or if I disagree with something you've said, then I might reply to it. That's how a forum works.

It just so happens that you post a lot of shit that I disagree with or that I think you're wrong about, so I may reply to yours posts more than some others.

If you don't have the mentality to handle people disagreeing with you, then you're on the wrong messageboard.

I can't believe that this has to be explained to a grown man to be honest.

International

You don't find it "flattering" at all, you have got angry numerous times when I have replied to your posts.

You called me a "stalker" the other day and had a right little rant.

Look, if I think you're wrong about something or if I disagree with something you've said, then I might reply to it. That's how a forum works.

It just so happens that you post a lot of shit that I disagree with or that I think you're wrong about, so I may reply to yours posts more than some others.

If you don't have the mentality to handle people disagreeing with you, then you're on the wrong messageboard.

I can't believe that this has to be explained to a grown man to be honest.
    You talk a load of shit too. To honestly believe that I get 'angry' about anything you say or anyone says on here indicates you have far to high an opinion of yourself and your own view of things. It's a message board, it's not real, get over it.
    your use of things like 'don't have the mentality' is just laughable. I am actually chuckling to myself typing this, which isn't helping my normally shite typing.
    But I do notice you have dropped the comments about me not referring to both articles. Not to worry, keep trying. Just remember this isn't real life, its a joke and a bit of fun around the football, that is all.
    Sad!!

Heisenberg

You talk a load of shit too. To honestly believe that I get 'angry' about anything you say or anyone says on here indicates you have far to high an opinion of yourself and your own view of things. It's a message board, it's not real, get over it.
    your use of things like 'don't have the mentality' is just laughable. I am actually chuckling to myself typing this, which isn't helping my normally shite typing.
    But I do notice you have dropped the comments about me not referring to both articles. Not to worry, keep trying. Just remember this isn't real life, its a joke and a bit of fun around the football, that is all.
    Sad!!
    Of course I talk a lot of shit, the only difference is that I don't get upset and call other posters stalkers if they tell me that I'm talking shit.

You have seemed hurt a number of times when other posters have dared question your posts too... It's not just me that you've responded to and sounded like a wounded little puppy and have obviously taken offence.

You simply don't like being questioned by anyone. I'll stop responding to you and see how long it takes before you respond to another poster in the same manner

Also, if you genuinely were referring to the two different articles, you definitely weren't making it clear in the slightest.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Edit: "SAD!!!" Steady on there, Trump

International

i really cannot b elieve a grown man takes what is said on here soseriously, have a nice evening.

I can't begin to get my head around the thought processes of someone who would have booed in this case, can anyone on here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-56150021

I can't begin to get my head around the thought processes of someone who would have booed in this case, can anyone on here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-56150021
    Anti-vaxxers

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Anti-vaxxers
    Maybe the fact that there's been relatively little COVID in Australia means that ridiculous conspiracy theories can flourish?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Anti-vaxxers
    Would there be enough anti-vaxxers there to boo loud enough?

Seems absolute madness

Some very encouraging vaccine.news from Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153600

Would there be enough anti-vaxxers there to boo loud enough?

Seems absolute madness
    To be honest, I haven't heard the boos myself so I don't know.

Some very encouraging vaccine.news from Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153600
    We will get english date backing this up later too which should give a much bigger sample size.

So much for quasi ineffective from Macron and Germany about the AZ vaccines. Absolutely the worst bit of playing politics I've ever seen.

The confidence intervals obviously overlap but this shows AZ is more effectove than Pfizer at preventing serious illness.

So much focus was giving to that study in south africa that didn't even have enough participants to be statistically significant.

This is great news, we should be getting a normal summer after this

We will get english date backing this up later too which should give a much bigger sample size.

So much for quasi ineffective from Macron and Germany about the AZ vaccines. Absolutely the worst bit of playing politics I've ever seen.

The confidence intervals obviously overlap but this shows AZ is more effectove than Pfizer at preventing serious illness.

So much focus was giving to that study in south africa that didn't even have enough participants to be statistically significant.

Yes, I thought that was a rash decision at the time and would come back to bite them. I would imagine that there must be quite a few folks over there who will be upset to hear the news today, the ones whose elderly relatives, i.e. the over 65's, have died, and whose lives might well have been saved had they been given the chance to have the vaccine.

Quite glad to be free of the clutches of Europe now.....roll out seems a bit of a mess over there too

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yes, I thought that was a rash decision at the time and would come back to bite them. I would imagine that there must be quite a few folks over there who will be upset to hear the news today, the ones whose elderly relatives, i.e. the over 65's, have died, and whose lives might well have been saved had they been given the chance to have the vaccine.
    Not giving it to over 65s will literally have killed people.

I know Macron enjoys f*cking grannies but this is taking it too far imo

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Quite glad to be free of the clutches of Europe now.....roll out seems a bit of a mess over there too
    I think this is the one thing that has made me think being out of the EU is a good thing.

I don't think it was worth giving up our free trade and freedom of movement but this has been a positive.

I think the tory government would have gone on their own with the vaccine campaign anyway. We committed money to Oxford nd AZ while still in the EU remember.