+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Boris is responsible for England, Drakeford for Wales. Why are we even discussing England on this forum. Its just Tory bashing and nothing more.
    Boo hoo.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    PPE, sporting events, delaying lockdown, playing down the seriousness of the virus ("I was shaking hands with Covid patients" etc") care homes, track and trace.

There's another 7 things off the top of my head.
    how does any of that affect health policy in Wales?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    That's a shiithousing response.

We'll try this again.

What do you think (in your own words) Johnson was apologising for?

Yours in anticipation.
    I'll answer - for being a ****

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rubbish.

If you think Johnson and his actions have no consequence on Wales you are seriously deluded.

Cummimgs , accusing the Labour leader of trying to ruin Christmas , have a merry little Christmas , no furlough extension then a U turn , over promising.

The most useless govt in history with serious out of depth brexiteers in charge of departments where they are completely out of their depth.
    the response to the pandemic by all 4 home nations has been terrible. Lets not kid ourselves that any home nation has done better than any other.

no one had experience of handling this, its new to everyone, even that idiot Drakeford.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t think anyone is saying it is the fault of any one person but do you seriously think the U.K. government aren’t responsible for what’s happened in the U.K.?
    no, thats excusing the 3 other devolved administrations for their own shortcomings.

Heisenberg

Boris is responsible for England, Drakeford for Wales. Why are we even discussing England on this forum. Its just Tory bashing and nothing more.
    Boris is Prime Minister of the United Kingdom mate.

For further information, please go to www.borisjohnsonukprimeminister.gov.uk

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Boo hoo.
    well you've won the internet today with that response

Feedback

Boris is Prime Minister of the United Kingdom mate.

For further information, please go to www.borisjohnsonukprimeminister.gov.uk
    well yes, but that doesn't answer the question. This is a health issue and as such in Wales the issue wrests with the Welsh government.

I'll answer - for being a ****
    If he was, it's one of the few occasions Johnson was being sincere and truthful.

Heisenberg

how does any of that affect health policy in Wales?
    It's 9.30 and you're clearly up for being argumentative and contrary today.

I'll humour you though...

Because they obviously effect health policy, you clart.

They resulted in spikes in cases, lack of safety equipment for NHS staff, thousands of deaths in care homes and the failed track and trace (aka Servo track and trace) meant thousands of people not being notified that they should isolate.

If you think they don't have any implication on health policy... Actually, we know that you know the truth but will be an argumentative tit for the sake of it.

Textbook Feedy.

Heisenberg

well yes, but that doesn't answer the question. This is a health issue and as such in Wales the issue wrests with the Welsh government.
    There it is. It's a health issue, apparently.

Not an education issue. Not a welfare issue. It's just a health issue.

Called it.

health and health policy is a devolved matter. Wales is performing worse than England so I'd be interested to hear your views on the utterly shite Mark Drakeford and Welsh Labour.
    Well, health is a devolved matter until the WAG wants to have a firebreak lockdown at a time when the UK, not English, Government is defying Sage advice by not having one and, furthermore,not extending the furlough scheme to allow the WAG to have the early autumn lockdown they wanted, so there is a clear example of Welsh, apparently devolved, health policy being dictated by Uk Government financial policy.
    You Johnson apologists want it both ways, you bang on about the Union and how we’re all one country, but, as soon as you want to defend the Conservative and Unionist party, you talk as if there is no need for the independence parties in Scotland and Wales because those countries are already separate entities!

The Welsh government own our largest airport. What did they do differently that didn't happen in Gatwick or Heathrow?
    No one actually uses our 'largest airport'

Seriously, closing Heathrow and Gatwick would have a much greater impact on Wales' virus figures than closing Cardiff.

I think feedback should take the time to read this CNN report, as you get very little objectivity from a compliant UK media.
    https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1354...715243521?s=19

Politicians didn’t listen to the scientists

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55820178

People need to realise this being a "health issue" is a result of the failures not the cause of it.

I can't imagine being so tribal about politics that I'd want to defend the current government.

Feedback

There it is. It's a health issue, apparently.

Not an education issue. Not a welfare issue. It's just a health issue.

Called it.
    its very much a health issue. To suggest its caused by going to school or because you receive tax credits is outright bizarre.

Feedback

It's 9.30 and you're clearly up for being argumentative and contrary today.

I'll humour you though...

Because they obviously effect health policy, you clart.

They resulted in spikes in cases, lack of safety equipment for NHS staff, thousands of deaths in care homes and the failed track and trace (aka Servo track and trace) meant thousands of people not being notified that they should isolate.

If you think they don't have any implication on health policy... Actually, we know that you know the truth but will be an argumentative tit for the sake of it.

Textbook Feedy.
    I'm not disagreeing, I'm merely pointing out that the responsibility for all of that in Wales is with the Welsh government. That's the bit you can't (or don't want to) grasp.

Heisenberg

its very much a health issue. To suggest its caused by going to school or because you receive tax credits is outright bizarre.
    I'll bite.

If it's just a health issue, why aren't PHE and the NHS in charge of making all of the decisions regarding the pandemic?

It's become a health issue due to all the other failures. There is no argument to be had with that.

Why have so many other island nations managed to stop it becomming "very much a health issue"?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, health is a devolved matter until the WAG wants to have a firebreak lockdown at a time when the UK, not English, Government is defying Sage advice by not having one and, furthermore,not extending the furlough scheme to allow the WAG to have the early autumn lockdown they wanted, so there is a clear example of Welsh, apparently devolved, health policy being dictated by Uk Government financial policy.
    You Johnson apologists want it both ways, you bang on about the Union and how we’re all one country, but, as soon as you want to defend the Conservative and Unionist party, you talk as if there is no need for the independence parties in Scotland and Wales because those countries are already separate entities!
    Johnson's a Tory **** and has handled the pandemic in England pretty poorly. That does not excuse Mark Drakeford and his shit show in Wales.

you even say yourself that Drakeford enacted our own firebreak lockdown, so why was Drakeford sat on his arse doing nothing when Johnson wasn't listening to Sage advice. Why didn't Drakeford act? We could have had a lockdown but Drakeford chose not to.

Imagine being so compelled to defend the Tories that you come out with this.

Feedback

I'll bite.

If it's just a health issue, why aren't PHE and the NHS in charge of making all of the decisions regarding the pandemic?
    I'm pretty sure the DHSS dictates the policy that we are seeing, it is why so many in England quite correctly criticise Matt Hancock

Heisenberg

I'm not disagreeing, I'm merely pointing out that the responsibility for all of that in Wales is with the Welsh government. That's the bit you can't (or don't want to) grasp.
    Ummm... Who is in charge of track and trace? PPE? "Putting a protective ring around care homes"? Delaying the initial lockdown? Defending high profile rule breakers and destroying public trust? Deciding whether Cheltenham festival and other high profile sporting events could go ahead?

Nothing devolved in that lot.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    No one actually uses our 'largest airport'

Seriously, closing Heathrow and Gatwick would have a much greater impact on Wales' virus figures than closing Cardiff.
    I use it, it was open an awful lot across the summer and into autumn - I used to fly from their 3 or 4 times a week.