+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Sorry butty.

I'll make it clear you haven't wished pain on her. She already has it so your conscience is clear.

I'll admit the thought of not talking to my sister in law makes me feel ecstatic.
    After what I just heard it might all be ruined.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Kin right....I never know who the f is who as I’ve said on the trump thread, but your special, just like your mummy said.....
    You mentioning my username all the time does make me feel special, thanks x

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Encouraging news about the Oxford University vaccine;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54993652
    Expect to hear good stuff about this, if my sources are correct. Won’t put my neck right in the block as this isn’t a player signing type stuff....but it’s the best yet AND it’s already here and waiting. No logistical or temperature issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Someone’s got to....I spread the love

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Which username though? Is walesbales ok or your other one I can’t recall it now but the site fbi will know

Which username though? Is walesbales ok or your other one I can’t recall it now but the site fbi will know
    No other usernames, I can barely bring myself to use this one at the moment I find this board to be a bit depressing and boring to be honest.

Notice that after coming down well in the last week Cardiff's figures seems to stabilise in the mid 560's for 3 days (565.566,563 from memory) but went up to 591 yesterday.

No figures again until Monday so let's hope it is just a blip

Over a thousand new cases in Wales for a third consecutive day after it was below that level earlier in the week - that doesn't look good in terms of the effectiveness of the firebreak, but I suppose it's too early to draw too many conclusions.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

Over a thousand new cases in Wales for a third consecutive day after it was below that level earlier in the week - that doesn't look good in terms of the effectiveness of the firebreak, but I suppose it's too early to draw too many conclusions.

That is why I found the Cardiff figure concerning Bob.Almost 5% higher than yesterday.

But as you say (and so did I in my earlier post) too soon to say yet. By mid next week we will have more idea.

Expect to hear good stuff about this, if my sources are correct. Won’t put my neck right in the block as this isn’t a player signing type stuff....but it’s the best yet AND it’s already here and waiting. No logistical or temperature issues.
    Your sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Your sources?
    Goats has been on record to say he literally lives next door to 8 doctors and knows a few more so I wouldn't diss him just yet.

Any hope is great news .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Any hope is great news .
    What does that mean?

Even though Cardiff City are middling in the Championship I have a fantastic hope that they will go up as Champions.

Phew. I had my doubts but that's great news!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Goats has been on record to say he literally lives next door to 8 doctors and knows a few more so I wouldn't diss him just yet.
    That’s right but this wasn’t them.

Down under a thousand in Wales today - surprised by the lower Cwm Taf Morgannwg figure, I wonder if that's got anything to do with the testing situation in Merthyr?

International

Down under a thousand in Wales today - surprised by the lower Cwm Taf Morgannwg figure, I wonder if that's got anything to do with the testing situation in Merthyr?

Or maybe its just because its Sunday and the usual weekend blip.

the daily figure is too erratic to read much into it, the graphs are more useful, it looks as though we may have plateaued, or be coming down very graduallyIMG_20201122_162622.jpg

What you say is true for deaths figures, but the day of the week it is doesn’t seem to be that much of a factor when it comes to new cases.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Oxford vaccine 70% effective. It uses more traditional technology bit like the flu vaccine and with similar effectiveness.

So here is a vaccine that is much easier to store and administer but 25% less effective, and it's the one UK has purchased 100m doses of.

Maybe the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines will be given to the elderly and the Oxford rolled out to the general population.

All good news and the sooner its available the better

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Oxford vaccine 70% effective. It uses more traditional technology bit like the flu vaccine and with similar effectiveness.

So here is a vaccine that is much easier to store and administer but 25% less effective, and it's the one UK has purchased 100m doses of.

Maybe the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines will be given to the elderly and the Oxford rolled out to the general population.

This is what my “mate” told me last week, he said about 90% though, he must have meant the people they gave half a dose, then another full dose too.....still, good news I guess

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55040635

Interesting line about how the effectiveness rose to 80 per cent in people given an initial half dose and then a full dose.

From what I understand, this is a field where 50 per cent effectiveness is considered good, so I'm not sure I buy that bit about 70 per cent being a "disappointment" and I don't get how thirty cases of Covid among those who were given the vaccine and 101 in those given a dummy works out at 70 per cent protection when 20,000 people were involved in the testing.

Interesting line about how the effectiveness rose to 80 per cent in people given an initial half dose and then a full dose.

From what I understand, this is a field where 50 per cent effectiveness is considered good, so I'm not sure I buy that bit about 70 per cent being a "disappointment" and I don't get how thirty cases of Covid among those who were given the vaccine and 101 in those given a dummy works out at 70 per cent protection when 20,000 people were involved in the testing.
    The maths do make sense. 101 of 10,000 got Covid when given a placebo. In those given the vaccine only 30 got it, which is 70% less than the placebo group, so it's 70% effective.
    Interesting point about the group given a half dose first. No doubt this will be investigated further.

The maths do make sense. 101 of 10,000 got Covid when given a placebo. In those given the vaccine only 30 got it, which is 70% less than the placebo group, so it's 70% effective.
    Interesting point about the group given a half dose first. No doubt this will be investigated further.
    Yes particularly as we have so many doses. I guess even 70 is considered good when our regular flu vaccine is about 50%.

Up to 90% Bob not 80%.

Up to 90% Bob not 80%.
    Thanks, that's what I get for mislaying my glasses again. Thanks also to lisvaneblue for his clarification.

Another encouraging aspect of this trial is that none of the people involved who caught Covid were hospitalised.