+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Sadly today, we found out that my Brother in law has been declared terminally ill with Covid. I wrote a few days back somewhat light heartedly that 6 of my immediate family all have Covid despite being double jabbed.

My BinL has dementia but none of us expected this turn of events & so quickly. The doctors have said that all of his body functions has ceased and there is nothing they can do other than wait for the inevitable.

virtually everyone I know has had Covid, including myself but this is the first time ( & hopefully the last ) of this ending.

We just prey & wait. :(
    Sorry to hear this, hope your family are ok.

Strangely, hardly any cases in my kids school, 2 confirmed in each year (4&6) since start of term……dont know any adults who have had it lately either which wasn’t the case last Christmas. No masks in England making the difference?

I'm in Honfleur, France at the moment. Can't go into a bar or restaurant without a vaccination pass. Everybody wearing masks in shops.
    Covid rate and death rate really low. Can't believe the French could be so disciplined. Puts us to shame.

Over 4.000 new cases in Wales over the last twenty four hours and deaths consistently in double figures.

https://public.tableau.com/app/profi...eadlinesummary

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Us testing more doesn’t make a difference if you compare the positivity rate and death rates.

I’ve actually got no idea why we are so much worse than everywhere else. Covid passports and mask mandates help, but to this extent?
    Obesity may play a part. Only two countries in Europe trump us on that front according to https://www.theweek.co.uk/96429/ten-...ries-in-europe

And according to https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...rotect-the-nhs
    "Nearly 8% of critically ill patients with COVID-19 in intensive care units have been morbidly obese, compared with 2.9% of the general population."

Wales has the highest case rates in the UK apparently, yet we have masks, vaccine passports and the like still going on….how is this occurring I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wales has the highest case rates in the UK apparently, yet we have masks, vaccine passports and the like still going on….how is this occurring I wonder?

Today’s surveillance report also shows in rough terms - half of cases are in the under 18’s. Only 1.5 kids in a thousand go to hospital, and just 1 in 100.000 pass away ( usually with severe underlying health issues , unfortunately)

If your LFT is positive and then you check with a PCR which is also positive is this recorded as 2 separate ‘cases’
    And if in hospital with Covid and you are tested every day.....I’ve read it counts as a case per day until you test negative, although this needs clarification.

Plan A , Plan B or even C you get the feeling this virus can circumvent many prevention measures.

Maybe I’m being a bit over cautious, but I’m thinking of giving the game a miss tomorrow.

Covid is rife in most schools & colleges at the moment, but under 18’s can stroll about the CCS tomorrow unchecked !

Mrs is worried we might infect her 97 year old dad.

Am I being over cautious ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Maybe I’m being a bit over cautious, but I’m thinking of giving the game a miss tomorrow.

Covid is rife in most schools & colleges at the moment, but under 18’s can stroll about the CCS tomorrow unchecked !

Its a personal choice, and only you can make it

BUT

this might be around for years in these high / low number cycles, are you prepared to give up on life for the next 5 years ( maybe more ) ? ? ? , my mum walked down Barry high street yesterday to go and buy some " halloween bunting ", I thought this was crazy, but she said she wanted to get out of the house and be normal for 1 hour

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its a personal choice, and only you can make it

BUT

this might be around for years in these high / low number cycles, are you prepared to give up on life for the next 5 years ( maybe more ) ? ? ? , my mum walked down Barry high street yesterday to go and buy some " halloween bunting ", I thought this was crazy, but she said she wanted to get out of the house and be normal for 1 hour
    It’s much easier to “give up” on a part of your life which has made you bored, angry, despairing and disillusioned over a period of years - there are stacks of reasons (including the increase in Covid cases) why going tomorrow seems a bad idea and I’m struggling to think of any that has me thinking it’s a good one.

I've got a Covid Pass from the NHS but when my daughter scanned it she got the message " no readable Information" With the downloaded QR code it said "Safari Search and then a load of gobbledegook. Do premises that require passes have different scanners to an iPhone or will I reluctantly have to miss tomorrow unless I can sort it out?

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I've got a Covid Pass from the NHS but when my daughter scanned it she got the message " no readable Information" With the downloaded QR code it said "Safari Search and then a load of gobbledegook. Do premises that require passes have different scanners to an iPhone or will I reluctantly have to miss tomorrow unless I can sort it out?
    If your pass doesn’t work, you can have a covid test done at the gate. Been told it’ll take 15 to 20 minutes.

If your pass doesn’t work, you can have a covid test done at the gate. Been told it’ll take 15 to 20 minutes.
    Cheers

Sorry that you feel like this.
    You’re double vaccinated ,and you’re outdoors. The fans in attendance will either be the same or have had test to allow them to gain admission.

Young people are not drivers of this disease which is why they are not governed by the same “ show us your papers “ guidelines.

Cases are high, but we test more people in a day in the Uk ���� than Europe combined and hospitalisations and deaths ( which is what really counts ) is much lower than last year thanks to the vaccination take up.

As Bluematt has said, this virus will be around for years ( probably indefinitely ). I appreciate we are all different but the media don’t report all the facts and reassure the public. The positive information is available , you just have to go looking for it via alternative media outlets.

Young people are not drivers of this disease which is why they are not governed by the same “ show us your papers “ guidelines.

I’m sorry, but it is spreading like wildfire in young people !!!!

Been told one school in Newport has “shut down”, and students told it’ll be reviewed after half term.

It’s the under 18’s who are the problem

If I was going to be seeing a 97 year old relative I'd probably be ultra cautious too. You're unlikely to be missing much other than Warnock being magnanimous

Been told one school in Newport has “shut down”, and students told it’ll be reviewed after half term.

Exactly this. Hopefully half term in schools will provide a break in transmission rates.
    I'm immuno-suppressed and recent treatment means I cant have my next vaccine dose for another month, as it will reduce the effectiveness of my treatment. Even though I'm double vaccinated (had my second in March) my protection levels are lower than most, so I'm taking the cautious approach myself. It's the amount of time in close proximity to the same people that I'm worried about.

If you’re that concerned, then I would suggest you shouldn’t attend then which is in reply to your original question.

The government in Wales obviously don’t think children need to produce ( passport) evidence which suggests they are not a danger to you given the overly cautious approach the WAG stance has been through the pandemic. They are obvious satisfied with the vaccine efficacy and take up within the principality.

Sadly the inevitable happened this evening, my brother in law passed away from Covid. He’s had dementia for a few years now but was still lucid & mobile. Covid changed all of that in a few short days. Not sure I can cope with my wife’s grief, I’m pretty shit at that side of life.
    Thanks to all those who’ve left comments on my previous posts.

Just one word in response to this poll, why?

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...d-of-lockdowns

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Sadly the inevitable happened this evening, my brother in law passed away from Covid. He’s had dementia for a few years now but was still lucid & mobile. Covid changed all of that in a few short days. Not sure I can cope with my wife’s grief, I’m pretty shit at that side of life.
    Thanks to all those who’ve left comments on my previous posts.
    once again, sorry about your news
    all the best

The 6 month anniversary of my second jab has passed and I have heard nothing from the Cardiff and Vale Health Board (or whoever it is) about my booster jab.

It really annoys me when you see politicians on the TV urging people to get their booster. Well, I would if they invited me.

Anyone else in the same position and is there a number to ring? Any guidance will be welcome👍

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The 6 month anniversary of my second jab has passed and I have heard nothing from the Cardiff and Vale Health Board (or whoever it is) about my booster jab.

It really annoys me when you see politicians on the TV urging people to get their booster. Well, I would if they invited me.

Anyone else in the same position and is there a number to ring? Any guidance will be welcome��
    Based on my case, you should have had something Rob - I had my second jab on 13 May and received a letter last week confirming another one on 24 November. The telephone number quoted on the letter has a Pontypridd code, so it would be of no use to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post

Anyone else in the same position and is there a number to ring? Any guidance will be welcome👍
    I have this number for vaccine bookings 02921 841234 if this is the wrong one, then there may be someone who can point you in the right direction if you try this number.

I had my booster last week in The Bay. My wife, who needs to have her's because she is officially my carer and I'm immunocompromised, hasn't had her's yet but our GP send a form that can get you a booster if somebody cancels (at short notice to use up the allocated vaccines for the day) so have a word with your GP surgery too.