+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Sadly the inevitable happened this evening, my brother in law passed away from Covid. He’s had dementia for a few years now but was still lucid & mobile. Covid changed all of that in a few short days. Not sure I can cope with my wife’s grief, I’m pretty shit at that side of life.
    Thanks to all those who’ve left comments on my previous posts.
    So sorry to read this. I'd read your previous posts and it's heartbreaking for you, your wife and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I have this number for vaccine bookings 02921 841234 if this is the wrong one, then there may be someone who can point you in the right direction if you try this number.

I had my booster last week in The Bay. My wife, who needs to have her's because she is officially my carer and I'm immunocompromised, hasn't had her's yet but our GP send a form that can get you a booster if somebody cancels (at short notice to use up the allocated vaccines for the day) so have a word with your GP surgery too.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. The number you included appears to be the correct one. I rang it 3 times and got cut off each time when I pressed 2 to hear the message in English. The 4th time I did get through to be told by a recorded message that they are accepting calls for booster jabs for over 50s but are experiencing a high volume of calls. I will try again at another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. The number you included appears to be the correct one. I rang it 3 times and got cut off each time when I pressed 2 to hear the message in English. The 4th time I did get through to be told by a recorded message that they are accepting calls for booster jabs for over 50s but are experiencing a high volume of calls. I will try again at another time.
    Fab!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Some weeks ago I called the number and eventually got through. I got an appointment next day for the booster at Splott Community centre
    Odd thing was that after the jab I was asked if I worked for the NHS. Had I said yes I would have been given a flu jab as well. As I answered honestly I was told I would have to contact my GP or community pharmacist for it.

Just rung this number 02921841234 and booked booster at Tesco Wesrern Avenue

Was 16th in the queue, took about 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just rung this number 02921841234 and booked booster at Tesco Wesrern Avenue

Was 16th in the queue, took about 10 minutes
    Did the same, was 20th in the queue, like you it took about 10 mins with constant updates of where you are in the queue and got an appointment for me and the Mrs this Thursday👍

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59077857

Scrapped Covid rules could be brought back to allow Wales to have a "normal" Christmas, First Minister Mark Drakeford has warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59077857

Scrapped Covid rules could be brought back to allow Wales to have a "normal" Christmas, First Minister Mark Drakeford has warned.
    Never ****ing ends

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Never ****ing ends
    That clown doesn’t know shiiiiit does he…how about a firebreak? Maybe they should fund the nhs instead of trying to protect it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Never ****ing ends
    Does he even know rates are falling….hopefully past the peak

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Does he even know rates are falling….hopefully past the peak
    yep, but you never know

That clown doesn’t know shiiiiit does he…how about a firebreak? Maybe they should fund the nhs instead of trying to protect it.
    He'll kill the economy again in order to the protect the very NHS which exists in order to protect us. He really is over the top.

I was in Devon last week. Caught the bus a few times and everyone had a mask on although it is no longer compulsory in England.

Caught the Valleys Line train at home this week, where mask wearing is legally required and about 50% didn't bother to wear one, or had one tucked under their chin.

Was down in Cardiff today and popped into Tesco’s Culverhouse Cross - it was a Friday lunchtime, so I thought it would be busy, but was surprised to see the car park as full as it used to get in the fortnight leading up to Christmas. It was packed in the shop, but it was a shock to see how many weren’t wearing masks including four or five members of staff.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Was down in Cardiff today and popped into Tesco’s Culverhouse Cross - it was a Friday lunchtime, so I thought it would be busy, but was surprised to see the car park as full as it used to get in the fortnight leading up to Christmas. It was packed in the shop, but it was a shock to see how many weren’t wearing masks including four or five members of staff.
    It’s half term Bob, prob why stores are busier. I didnt think any staff wore masks?

It’s half term Bob, prob why stores are busier. I didnt think any staff wore masks?
    Most of the.staff were wearing masks. I’m sure half term has a lot to do with why it was so full, but it wasn’t packed with kids.

I’m all for people wearing masks if it reassures them , but why do people continue to wear the leopard print ones , they are absolutely useless 😂

I've booked a Booster Shot (Pfizer) for Tomorrow.
    Anyone had their third shot and how were the side effects?

My first one was fine, the second though knocked me for 6 for 24hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Had my 3rd jab last Thursday. No side effects other than my arm was more sore than after the previous 2 AZ jabs. Its worn off now.

Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Nothing more than a bit of arm ache.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Nothing more than a bit of arm ache.
    Cheers Jordi!

Johnson copping a fair bit of flak about him being pictured at the COP 26 summit sat maskless next to ninety five year old Sir David Attenborough

https://news.sky.com/story/cop26-bor...rough-12458494

What struck me though was the line, which I’ve heard from Tory MPs as well about them not wearing a mask when they’re with someone they know. Unless the general public are being kept in the dark for some reason about official figures which back up what they say, I would have thought that it’s likely that a majority of those who have had Covid caught it from someone they knew.

Johnson copping a fair bit of flak about him being pictured at the COP 26 summit sat maskless next to ninety five year old Sir David Attenborough

https://news.sky.com/story/cop26-bor...rough-12458494

What struck me though was the line, which I’ve heard from Tory MPs as well about them not wearing a mask when they’re with someone they know. Unless the general public are being kept in the dark for some reason about official figures which back up what they say, I would have thought that it’s likely that a majority of those who have had Covid caught it from someone they knew.
    Poor old Boris always in the firing line. The Sky news item has three photos...One with Boris without whilst Sir David has one on, second both without, and then one with Boris wearing one and Sir David not. He can't win!!

Another thread on CCMB warns us not to be complacent, and whilst I see a lot of people without masks, too many for comfort, I see others pull a well worn disposable mask out of pocket or bag to put on before entering a shop. Such masks are intended for single use and certainly should be safely disposed of at the end of each day. They are unlikely to offer any benefit if used repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Poor old Boris always in the firing line. The Sky news item has three photos...One with Boris without whilst Sir David has one on, second both without, and then one with Boris wearing one and Sir David not. He can't win!!

Another thread warns us not to be complacent, and whilst I see a lot of people without masks, too many for comfort, I see others pull a well worn disposable mask out of pocket or bag to put on before entering a shop. Such masks are intended for single use and certainly should be safely disposed of at the end of each day. They are unlikely to offer any benefit if used repeatedly.
    My message was about the claims that you’re somehow less likely to catch Covid from someone you know and was not meant to be party political except that it does seem to be a more prevalent view on one side of the political divide than the other.