+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 419 of 420 FirstFirst ... 319369409410411412413414415416417418419420 LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 8390

Thread: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

  1. #8361

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    I donít agree with denying people healthcare for a single disease especially as you can still catch it and pass it on Ö. why donít we deny healthcare for obese people, drug addicts, speeding drivers etc etc on that basis then?

  2. #8362

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Test and Trace due to be scrapped in Operation Rampdown

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ures-year.html
    Well that's £37 billion well spent then.

  3. #8363

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well that's £37 billion well spent then.

    How many hospitals could they have built with even half that amount …..I wonder if there will be a public enquiry into its failure ?

  4. #8364

  5. #8365

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I donít agree with denying people healthcare for a single disease especially as you can still catch it and pass it on Ö. why donít we deny healthcare for obese people, drug addicts, speeding drivers etc etc on that basis then?
    I agree we shouldnít be denying health care but being vaccinated lowers your chance of catching it and lowers your chance of passing it on. It isnít a comparable situation and we would be in a better situation if everyone got jabbed.

  6. #8366

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    last post was 3 days ago

    a New Mutation

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59418127

  7. #8367

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    last post was 3 days ago

    a New Mutation

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59418127
    Bloody hell here we go again. The governments and scientists must be shitting for them to put the whole of Southern Africa in quarantine effectively.
    Blues and scarlets rugby teams flew out over there the other day aswell so theyíll be on a mad panic to get back I would have thought.

  8. #8368

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    From: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59424269

    "BBC Africa correspondent Andrew Harding said scientists in South Africa were trying to understand the mutations of the new variant but the one thing they did know was that it was far more transmissible.

    He said there was unhappiness at the new red listing by other countries, with scientists saying the country needed more support and more reward for spotting the new variant.


    At the moment around 500 and 700 people are travelling to the UK from South Africa each day, but this figure was likely to have increased as the festive period began".

    Pretty scary stuff. Immediate travel ban required this time please.

  9. #8369

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    The more variants that appear now the better so we can find improved vaccine, better that than seeing vaccination improvements scaled back .

  10. #8370

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The more variants that appear now the better so we can find improved vaccine, better that than seeing vaccination improvements scaled back .
    This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

  11. #8371

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    You get the feeling this virus doesn’t just want to fade away……I’d also hope those scientists that developed the current old vaccines have developed new improved ones already for the coming year

  12. #8372

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    From: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59424269

    "BBC Africa correspondent Andrew Harding said scientists in South Africa were trying to understand the mutations of the new variant but the one thing they did know was that it was far more transmissible.

    He said there was unhappiness at the new red listing by other countries, with scientists saying the country needed more support and more reward for spotting the new variant.


    At the moment around 500 and 700 people are travelling to the UK from South Africa each day, but this figure was likely to have increased as the festive period began".

    Pretty scary stuff. Immediate travel ban required this time please.
    Looks like a travel ban is on from today. Cardiff rugby team plus fans are in South Africa and trying to find an immediate way home

  13. #8373

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You get the feeling this virus doesn’t just want to fade away……I’d also hope those scientists that developed the current old vaccines have developed new improved ones already for the coming year
    I remember the times when "experts" would be interviewed saying that the existing vaccines would only need to tweaked a little to be able to cope with new variants when they arose and that this process should only take something like six weeks to a couple of months. That's certainly not been the case with the Delta variant and so I'm sure that it'll be the same for this new variant - it'll reach the UK eventually and I think all we can do is hope that it doesn't turn out to be as bad as feared because I don't see us being given vaccines next year which will make us completely safe from it.

  14. #8374

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Was on the London Underground last evening, packed like sardines, 1 in 3 not wearing masks, people coughing, grab handles & poles shared. I’ll be taking a taxi today!

  15. #8375

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I remember the times when "experts" would be interviewed saying that the existing vaccines would only need to tweaked a little to be able to cope with new variants when they arose and that this process should only take something like six weeks to a couple of months. That's certainly not been the case with the Delta variant and so I'm sure that it'll be the same for this new variant - it'll reach the UK eventually and I think all we can do is hope that it doesn't turn out to be as bad as feared because I don't see us being given vaccines next year which will make us completely safe from it.
    How do you know they haven’t been tweaking and testing them over the last year? I bet you they have, let’s face it they sorted the initial one out pretty quickly. No doubt using up stocks of what we already have as they still work.

  16. #8376

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I remember the times when "experts" would be interviewed saying that the existing vaccines would only need to tweaked a little to be able to cope with new variants when they arose and that this process should only take something like six weeks to a couple of months. That's certainly not been the case with the Delta variant and so I'm sure that it'll be the same for this new variant - it'll reach the UK eventually and I think all we can do is hope that it doesn't turn out to be as bad as feared because I don't see us being given vaccines next year which will make us completely safe from it.
    In defence of the "experts"

    The current vaccines are dealing with the Delta variant. If you look at the graphs of cases/hospitalisations/deaths, they go up and down together - until the vaccine rollout. UK daily cases are as high as they've ever been with the Delta, but hospitalisations and deaths are low.

    I don't know what the six weeks to a couple of months refers to, but I can't imagine it's research+development+manufacture+rollout+complete replacement of previous vaccine stocks all in that time.

    If anyone is holding their breath for a vaccine to make us completely safe, then I'd advise against it.

  17. #8377

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How do you know they haven’t been tweaking and testing them over the last year? I bet you they have, let’s face it they sorted the initial one out pretty quickly. No doubt using up stocks of what we already have as they still work.
    one of Pfizers people ( chief scientist or something ) said that they could tweak the vaccine and it would be in production in a few hours

  18. #8378

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How do you know they havenít been tweaking and testing them over the last year? I bet you they have, letís face it they sorted the initial one out pretty quickly. No doubt using up stocks of what we already have as they still work.
    I'm not saying they haven't been, but, based on the Delta variant, it's not as simple as it was made to sound early in the year. Around this time last year, news broke that the Pfizer vaccine had been approved and I can remembered a virologist being interviewed on the day saying that things should be back to normal in the summer. Many people will say that they are, but how is it normal when, at current rates, there are a thousand people a week dying of Covid in the UK and the new cases figures are heading up again? I can remember 20,000 people dying in a year with flu and that was considered to be a very bad epidemic. Despite vaccines being available for nearly a year now, Covid will kill more than double that number if current rates are maintained and yet people some people talk of the pandemic in the past tense!

  19. #8379

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...am-2021-11-26/

    61 people tested positive on 2 flights to Schiphol from SA on Friday, so just over 10% of the passengers of the 2 flights were positive

  20. #8380

    Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The more variants that appear now the better so we can find improved vaccine, better that than seeing vaccination improvements scaled back .
    For the love of god, please tell me you work nowhere near virology.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •