+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 350 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Banned

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    On the news just now, if you in Italy and are over 65 in the worst affected areas, no chance of life-saving care eg heart attack, stroke. Complete lack of IC beds and staff under severe strain.Their health care system can't cope. Boris "wash your hands" Johnson will sort it out, don't worry.
    Those words of "let's spend it on the NHS instead" will come back to bite him on the arse, whether our death rate is 10, 100, 1000 or more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Have an italian work mate she says the situation there is much worse than what we are being told.
    Fascinating. Did she provide proof, are you going to elaborate, or is it another one from the rumour mill?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    What is the point you are trying to make?
    He's bonkers and should be kept away from the internet for his own good!

What is the point you are trying to make?
    The point I'm trying to make is that although some people like to put graphics up saying comparing it to other diseases which weren't reported in the same way, the fact remains that countries across the world are taking unprecedented steps to combat it which suggests that isn't the media lie that they suggest.

Yes, guy from school on Facebook who never left my home town, congratulations on sharing the fact that you know that flu currently kills a lot more than the coronavirus. I'm going to take more notice of the actions of governments advised by medical experts though ta

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's bonkers and should be kept away from the internet for his own good!
    post of the year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is that although some people like to put graphics up saying comparing it to other diseases which weren't reported in the same way, the fact remains that countries across the world are taking unprecedented steps to combat it which suggests that isn't the media lie that they suggest.

Yes, guy from school on Facebook who never left my home town, congratulations on sharing the fact that you know that flu currently kills a lot more than the coronavirus. I'm going to take more notice of the actions of governments advised by medical experts though ta
    OK, fair enough and I agree that it is pointless comparing this with cancer and diabetes as some are doing.

However, I also agree that the news outlets are not giving out many facts other than number of cases, number of deaths. Number of recoveries is also important.

Also, I'd like to hear more from those that have recovered. Were they very sick, were they not sick at all?

And, I'd like to know more about the cases in Italy, are people's symptoms getting worse - i.e. is the illness mutating. The death rate in Italy is 39% of closed cases, worldwide that is 6% but that is factoring in the Chinese lies, Iranian lies. South Korea is 19%. UK is 25% at the moment. But, is that because we don't consider a person recovered until they test negative etc, or is it because there is something else going on?

Once I get all these sorts of facts, I can make a decision about whether or not this is something I need to lose sleep over.

I also think some countries should be left off these stats because their accuracy is in question.

OK, fair enough and I agree that it is pointless comparing this with cancer and diabetes as some are doing.

However, I also agree that the news outlets are not giving out many facts other than number of cases, number of deaths. Number of recoveries is also important.

Also, I'd like to hear more from those that have recovered. Were they very sick, were they not sick at all?

And, I'd like to know more about the cases in Italy, are people's symptoms getting worse - i.e. is the illness mutating. The death rate in Italy is 39% of closed cases, worldwide that is 6% but that is factoring in the Chinese lies, Iranian lies. South Korea is 19%. UK is 25% at the moment. But, is that because we don't consider a person recovered until they test negative etc, or is it because there is something else going on?

Once I get all these sorts of facts, I can make a decision about whether or not this is something I need to lose sleep over.

I also think some countries should be left off these stats because their accuracy is in question.
    Italy is on lockdown and you want further proof before you make a decision on whether you should lose any sleep

Banned

9 more cases in Wales, most linked to a Port Talbot case. 15 cases in Wales, population 3,139,000.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Italy is on lockdown and you want further proof before you make a decision on whether you should lose any sleep
    Yes, in short. Why should the action of a single Government make me more or less worried than the actual stats.

For example, someone who tested positive said it was like a cold, another like the flu. The question, why is the death rate so high in Italy is a valid one. Are significantly more older people getting the disease there for example. I could run out and buy loads of loo roll and pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    An interesting take on how America are (not) going to cope
    https://apple.news/AyuaHQhxeTSuTR9CI0J5cuA
    I heard somewhere earlier that there are only 70 000 testing kits in America - 1 for every 5000 people.

Yes, in short. Why should the action of a single Government make me more or less worried than the actual stats.

For example, someone who tested positive said it was like a cold, another like the flu. The question, why is the death rate so high in Italy is a valid one. Are significantly more older people getting the disease there for example. I could run out and buy loads of loo roll and pasta.
    Health service is crippled by it by the sounds of it. I'm not worried for myself but both my parents are both in the high risk category for various reasons. There hasn't really been any specific advice for more at risk people, it's almost like the government wants them to die off.

Apparantly this virus has a fatty substance.Washing hands with washing up liquid is just as good as soap.Fairy is probably the best because it lasts longer and you can make a rocket out of the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I heard somewhere earlier that there are only 70 000 testing kits in America - 1 for every 5000 people.
    A textbook approach according to one specific poster on here.

9 more cases in Wales, most linked to a Port Talbot case. 15 cases in Wales, population 3,139,000.
    15 cases so far. That have been tested and confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You've made the fatal mistake of thinking that governments actually care about its citizens. They only do just enough to keep you paying your taxes and ensuring that you are economically productive. If you want to blame anybody, then blame the people who keep on voting for the same two parties!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You've made the fatal mistake of thinking that governments actually care about its citizens. They only do just enough to keep you paying your taxes and ensuring that you are economically productive. If you want to blame anybody, then blame the people who keep on voting for the same two parties!
    Too right, I mean if they will chuck their own Health Minister under a bus who knows what they will do next.

Israel has the best policy , anyone entering the country has to be a resident , and isolate immediately and no tourists in whilst this exists.

Those words of "let's spend it on the NHS instead" will come back to bite him on the arse, whether our death rate is 10, 100, 1000 or more.
    Dad (91) was 10 hours on a trolley, later on a seat (having been taken into hospital with suspected stroke) before getting a bed late on a (normal) Friday night. Chances are someone will die in a corridor under those circumstances. And that's before CV really hits. NHS "well prepared"? On paper, maybe, but in reality the Demographic Time Bomb has already exploded.

Italy because they have the oldest population in Europe, 81 average of death rate.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Italy because they have the oldest population in Europe, 81 average of death rate.
    Just spoke to my mate who lives in northern Italy, he told me the reason why so many old people have died. When they initially shut the schools all the kids went off to stay with their grandparents so the parents could carry on working. Loads got infected this way apparently which explains a lot. We should isolate the oldies now, stay in if your over 65.

Just spoke to my mate who lives in northern Italy, he told me the reason why so many old people have died. When they initially shut the schools all the kids went off to stay with their grandparents so the parents could carry on working. Loads got infected this way apparently which explains a lot. We should isolate the oldies now, stay in if your over 65.
    So if they shut schools in this country where do all the children go. You wouldnt have all the parents stopping working.

In Italy the kids are carriers?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    There are supposedly 1 million kits for 322 million people. Yet Trump promised anyone could get a test any time they wanted. Stable genius.

International

These is an article on BBC News on line today about death rates etc. Apparently almost half of the mild caes are never even reported so that means trhe percentage of deaths per numbers of registered illnesses appears to be higher than it really is. apparently this is true in a lot of such outbreaks not just this one.
    The other point is that the vast majority of those who die are elderly people who are already suffering from some other condition like diabetes asthma or heart condition. Sensible precautions should allow the vast majority of the population to have no worry. Even those who do get the virus appear to be OK in 5 days or so. Of course we only hear about the worst cases