+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 350 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Was Penarth Wetherspooning by 9am this morning. .
    This explains a hell of a lot

Coronavirus: Spain set to declare national lockdown

- The Spanish government is poised to declare a 15-day national lockdown on Monday to battle coronavirus.

Under the decree being finalised, people would be allowed out only for emergencies, to buy food, or for work.

More: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51888936

France also declared a national lockdown within the past 30 minutes that's as draconian as Italy's with all cinemas, bars and restaurants to close immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I have driven back from Leistershire this morning, motorways are a bit quiet, plenty of traffic, but volume not what i usually encounter on the M6/M42/M5, maybe a good time for the highways to sort roadworks planned for the coming months ahead. quiet going up on Thursday but expected as I didn't leave until 19.00.

I was in Leicestershire for a family funeral, family members unsure how to greet each other!! fist taps, elbow nudges or hugs

Should have twerked one another.

More on France lockdown: https://time.com/5803206/france-spai...n-coronavirus/

France ordered the closing of just about everything the rest of the world loves about it — the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the cafes, restaurants and cinema — and Spain drew up plans Saturday to lock down its 46 million citizens as governments took increasingly desperate measures to put more space between people and contain the coronavirus.

Some people say the virus came from the Wuhan wet market..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yliNVq8Z9k

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    More on France lockdown: https://time.com/5803206/france-spai...n-coronavirus/

France ordered the closing of just about everything the rest of the world loves about it — the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the cafes, restaurants and cinema — and Spain drew up plans Saturday to lock down its 46 million citizens as governments took increasingly desperate measures to put more space between people and contain the coronavirus.
    Pity they didn't lock down the airports or implement medical checks, as people are travelling freely from all of these places.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

That's been commonly assumed for a while hasn't it?

did you fall asleep in january and just wake up?

Exclusive: Uefa consider staging Euro 2020

Uefa will consider moving Euro 2020 to December in a bid to allow the Premier League and other club competitions to catch up this summer following the unprecedented sporting chaos caused by coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post

Uefa will consider moving Euro 2020 to December in a bid to allow the Premier League and other club competitions to catch up this summer following the unprecedented sporting chaos caused by coronavirus.
    I would be buggered on two counts: flights for Azerbaijan paid for in order to see the two games there in June and flights to Argentina paid for in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I would be buggered on two counts: flights for Azerbaijan paid for in order to see the two games there in June and flights to Argentina paid for in December.
    Well that would be an utter pile of shit for you then. I still think that next year is more likely though, preferable really

Banned

Hmmm, some scientists claim that if we defeat the virus before the summer, it will be back in the winter.

But, this season has to finish. I find it perplexing that the FA are talking about ending the season and adding 2 teams to the Premier League - just so that next season can start. It makes more sense to postpone next season than cancel 7 months of inconclusive fixtures.

People seem fixated on Liverpool having won the league - which they have. But how about in Spain - 2 points separate the top 2. Also, try telling Man U, Wolves and Sheff U that they won't be allowed to finish above Chelsea.

If next season starts before this season finishes, then it essentially tells me that the TV money is the most important thing of all.

People may point out how World war 2 wiped out the 1939/40 season - but that was 6 years (God help us if this is 6 years) and the season was only 3 games old.

No to behind closed doors games.
    No to season ending unfinished
    No to playing football until active cases are in obvious decline.

Banned

Are they still intent on holding it across the entire continent, or will they use common sense and give the tournament to England to host?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well that would be an utter pile of shit for you then. I still think that next year is more likely though, preferable really
    That is on top of my aborted (but largely paid for) trip to see two games in Italy that were called off and my trip to Ireland in two weeks' time to see Carlos Santana, who just cancelled his tour.

That is on top of my aborted (but largely paid for) trip to see two games in Italy that were called off and my trip to Ireland in two weeks' time to see Carlos Santana, who just cancelled his tour.
    Ah shit, sorry to hear that, that's a load of bad luck there.

Ah shit, sorry to hear that, that's a load of bad luck there.
    Thanks but my predicament is just meaningful fluff in the great scheme of things. A lot of people and businesses will seriously suffer in the coming months and there are ongoing fatalities too, of course.

Thanks but my predicament is just meaningful fluff in the great scheme of things. A lot of people and businesses will seriously suffer in the coming months and there are ongoing fatalities too, of course.
    Of course, I just didn't know how to add that to my post without it sounding like I was telling you to stop moaning when I wasn't

That's been commonly assumed for a while hasn't it?
    There is also a theory that it didn't originate in the wet market.

Of course, I just didn't know how to add that to my post without it sounding like I was telling you to stop moaning when I wasn't
    You were being pleasant and I meant 'meaningless' anyway

There is also a theory that it didn't originate in the wet market.
    Thank you for the video regardless. It looks like the sort of thing used for a "save the x" animal charity advert. I know it's different cultures etc. but there doesn't seem to be much concern for the animals or how much might be wasted at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Gullible cretins around social media will share bollocks like this, unfortunately.
    You know what? I have a hypothesis that the Covid-19 pandemic will bring something of a return to trust in science & experts, and a lessening of the trend towards believing Jim Corr / antivaxxers & the like. Maybe it'll be temporary.

Looks like they are planning to isolate the over 70’s for a few months. Seems a very good idea but it’s going to be very hard for the ones I know as they won’t be able to physically see their grandkids. If they could somehow get tests out for everyone else we can all crack on as best we can....,

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Looks like they are planning to isolate the over 70’s for a few months. Seems a very good idea but it’s going to be very hard for the ones I know as they won’t be able to physically see their grandkids. If they could somehow get tests out for everyone else we can all crack on as best we can....,
    My old dear is 86 and in poor health anyway

Her grandchildren dont come and visit her much anyway

Mind you nor do her daughters

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My old dear is 86 and in poor health anyway

Her grandchildren dont come and visit her much anyway

Mind you nor do her daughters
    Mine is 87 and going to find it tough not seeing them as it’s one of few pleasures she has, same for my wife’s olds, only 70 but both have COPD. very hard for these two as they see them a few times a week and have them stay over.