+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 430 of 431 FirstFirst ... 330380420421422423424425426427428429430431 LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,600 of 8612

Thread: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

  1. #8581

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Ooooooh a brave Labour MP

    A WELSH Labour MS has said unvaccinated people should be denied access to events and venues when current Covid restrictions are lifted.

    Alun Davies has said those rejecting the assistance of vaccination should face consequences of their decision.

    The Member of Senedd for Blaenau Gwent shared a news story about the introduction of tougher restrictions on the unvaccinated in Italy and said he would like to see similar measures in Wales.

    He told his more than 11,000 Twitter followers: “I hope that the Welsh Govt will use our covid passes in this way to reduce regulations when the time is right for everyone who is fully vaccinated.”



    The headline of the news story he shared read: “Unvaccinated people banned from public transport, coffee shops and gyms in Italy.”


    Will he backing Ikeas decision to cut sick pay for unvaccinated staff who need to self-isolate because of Covid and in some cases for workers who test positive.

  2. #8582

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Because like it or not the money the six nations brings to the local economy dwarfs all the other games and is of significant importance to the Cardiff hospitality trade. I imagine the six nations taking place with with / without crowds and other restrictions in pubs, restaurants.etc will have an effect on wether some businesses go under or not.
    Fair points. No crowds or moving the games would have a huge impact particularly hospitality , hotels and other accommodation.

    Though with Scotland allowing crowds I just wish these journos would be pushing for Wales to follow suit before the 6 Nations.

    The answer that they cant even guarantee that doesn't look good for all those wanting to watch live sport before February and the businesses affected by the current restrictions.

    I think its highly likely that crowds will be back for the 6 Nations anyway.

  3. #8583

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There never was any.
    There was.

    It was just so risk adverse as a strategy it really just looks stupid.

  4. #8584

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...tions-22714240

    Drakeford: "We'll look to relax Covid restrictions next week if Omicron wave peaks in Wales"

  5. #8585

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ooooooh a brave Labour MP

    A WELSH Labour MS has said unvaccinated people should be denied access to events and venues when current Covid restrictions are lifted.

    Alun Davies has said those rejecting the assistance of vaccination should face consequences of their decision.

    The Member of Senedd for Blaenau Gwent shared a news story about the introduction of tougher restrictions on the unvaccinated in Italy and said he would like to see similar measures in Wales.

    He told his more than 11,000 Twitter followers: “I hope that the Welsh Govt will use our covid passes in this way to reduce regulations when the time is right for everyone who is fully vaccinated.”



    The headline of the news story he shared read: “Unvaccinated people banned from public transport, coffee shops and gyms in Italy.”


    Will he backing Ikeas decision to cut sick pay for unvaccinated staff who need to self-isolate because of Covid and in some cases for workers who test positive.
    Dictating what people can or can't do due to a PERSONAL CHOICE they've made. Dangerous and downright disgusting.

  6. #8586
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    12,169

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Dictating what people can or can't do due to a PERSONAL CHOICE they've made. Dangerous and downright disgusting.
    Why?

    I know a few people who have made a personal choice not to learn to drive, pass a test or obtain a licence. I have no concerns with the government's stance that they should be prevented from driving a car on the roads. Safer for all that way!

    Their choice though!

    Maybe I'm just not a libertarian?

  7. #8587

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES


  8. #8588

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

    [QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5263200]Seems like an important study.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-in-air-study[/QUOTE


    Feel a Phil Collins song coming on :

    I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
    And I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life, oh lord
    Can you not feel covid in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord

  9. #8589

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Dictating what people can or can't do due to a PERSONAL CHOICE they've made. Dangerous and downright disgusting.
    That personal choice could impact on other people, that’s dangerous and downright disgusting. Selfish people who should be facing the consequences of their personal choice.

  10. #8590

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That personal choice could impact on other people, that’s dangerous and downright disgusting. Selfish people who should be facing the consequences of their personal choice.
    How? If they pass it onto a vaccinated person then they’ve been vaccinated so shouldn’t require hospital treatment. Or so we are told.

    Besides, people are still catching it and passing it on vaccinated or not. I’ve been jabbed 3 times and I’m now thinking why bother when apparently it’s only effected for 10 weeks.

  11. #8591

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How? If they pass it onto a vaccinated person then they’ve been vaccinated so shouldn’t require hospital treatment. Or so we are told.

    Besides, people are still catching it and passing it on vaccinated or not. I’ve been jabbed 3 times and I’m now thinking why bother when apparently it’s only effected for 10 weeks.
    I’m playing the odds, I don’t want it regardless of my vaccination status, I reckon I’ve more chance of catching it from someone who’s unprotected. I want to be in a pub/football ground/ shop etc knowing that all the people there are vaccinated. Same as when driving, I’d like to think my fellow road users have passed a test and are legal. Also if, as you say, even though I’m vaccinated and boosted I could still catch it I would be horrified if I unknowingly passed it on to an anti vaxxer who, through catching it off me, paid the ultimate price.

  12. #8592

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How? If they pass it onto a vaccinated person then they’ve been vaccinated so shouldn’t require hospital treatment. Or so we are told.

    Besides, people are still catching it and passing it on vaccinated or not. I’ve been jabbed 3 times and I’m now thinking why bother when apparently it’s only effected for 10 weeks.
    6 months isn’t it? Currently working on an annual one I believe but if omicron is no more than a rough cold, if that, then there may well be no need. We’ve never had a cure for a cold have we, do we need one?

  13. #8593

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

    Think this could become a big story;-

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...gh-court-rules

  14. #8594

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think this could become a big story;-

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...gh-court-rules
    Ive just given up.

    Its always thrown up by Tory boys in Labour voting areas that put a monkey in a red rosette and they will win.

    The same people time and again back the bufoon and co.

    Replicated around the country im sure. I was watching Question Time they other day Lisa Nandy and the audience absolutely leathered the utterly useless Tory MP. Audience members actually clapped Nandy laughed at the Tory clown at one stage. Audience members when questioned ridiculed him praised Nandy but several said they were no Labour voters.

    Weve no chance. Poor Boris difficult times blah blah blah.

  15. #8595

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

    Boris Johnston during PMQ today: has finally admitted that he was involved in the infamous garden party in May 2020 and apologises but says he didn't realise that it was a party and we must wait for the official inquiry report. You couldn't make it up.

  16. #8596

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

    Three port workers in Dalian, China have been sentenced to nearly five years in prison for not wearing masks and protective clothing while handling cargo.

  17. #8597

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Three port workers in Dalian, China have been sentenced to nearly five years in prison for not wearing masks and protective clothing while handling cargo.
    100 tory tw@ts are lucky they dont live in China.

  18. #8598

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ooooooh a brave Labour MP

    A WELSH Labour MS has said unvaccinated people should be denied access to events and venues when current Covid restrictions are lifted.

    Alun Davies has said those rejecting the assistance of vaccination should face consequences of their decision.

    The Member of Senedd for Blaenau Gwent shared a news story about the introduction of tougher restrictions on the unvaccinated in Italy and said he would like to see similar measures in Wales.

    He told his more than 11,000 Twitter followers: “I hope that the Welsh Govt will use our covid passes in this way to reduce regulations when the time is right for everyone who is fully vaccinated.”



    The headline of the news story he shared read: “Unvaccinated people banned from public transport, coffee shops and gyms in Italy.”


    Will he backing Ikeas decision to cut sick pay for unvaccinated staff who need to self-isolate because of Covid and in some cases for workers who test positive.
    Another unattributed LoM copy and paste job. Source: https://www.thenational.wales/news/1...-consequences/

  19. #8599

    Re: Coronavirus update - LIVING IN OMICRON TIMES

    https://youtu.be/A5s433aTy98

    Bumping this to lighten the mood

  20. #8600

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Another unattributed LoM copy and paste job. Source: https://www.thenational.wales/news/1...-consequences/
    Posted by moi on this very thread two days ago!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •