+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 101 of 350 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Much of the public appear to be following the rules that best suit them - i.e. Johnson's.

Today I have seen a house with 8 people in the front yard. The house is lived in by an elderly couple, so they have 6 people visiting.

The Barry Island live webcam sees a dozen people outside O'Shea's fish and chip shop on the promenade. The fish shop has changed its message from "stay home" to "Welcome to O'Sheas". Barry Island has been dead of late, it is definitely busier than this time last week (with similar weather).

The Stay at Home message that the Welsh Government are churning out is rendered invalid when trips to garden centres are allowable. It's also been rendered invalid by Johnson's completely incomprehensible message, a message that required a 50 page document to clear up!

This wave isn't even finished, hopefully we will avoid a second wave but today it looks like an increasing number of people are becoming more blase about social distancing.
    I went on my fortnightly food shopping trip to Aberdare yesterday afternoon and I'd say the picture was more mixed. The road over the mountain from Treherbert was the busiest I'd seen it in the two plus years I've lived up here, but this was partially explained by the fact that a hearse was driving very slowly and causing a tail back of over twenty vehicles, but, even so, I'd still say it was busy even by pre lockdown standards.

However, the number of people parked along the road to walk their dogs, enjoy the view etc. was less than I'd seen before during lockdown and I only had to queue for 15 minutes at Tescos compared to forty five last time I went - the journey back over the mountain was quiet as well.

On the other hand, there were much more people wandering around in Treherbert than I'd seen before and I think it's probably fair to say that there are some very liberal interpretations as to what constitutes "exercise" being employed!

Regarding the R value, I see that the German figure has fallen back again following the initial rise when the lockdown was eased, so it's probably best not to get overly concerned by one day's worth of results, but, at the very least, it is unfortunate politically that the first new R value reported in England (I assume it was England not the UK?) after Johnson waved his arms about to the nation last Sunday showed an increase.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-re...on-the-decline

Just because it is "based on the topic" it does not make it factual. I have read the article 4/5 times now (each time you mention it I go back to see if I missed anything). It doesn't cite anything other than based on "evidence in China", evidence it doesn't provide.

I couldn't find the WSJ article. But, again, you think it is true "because it was full of mathematical equations". Send us the link so that I can read it.
    Read it 4 or 5 times lol and you can't find the WSJ article, lol
    I'm now reading an award winning scientific magazine with articles from top medical journalists and the article I'm currently reading is all about the different Coronavirus tests and the failure rates and you don't believe the false negatives of 30% in some cases, lol.

You can do your own research or just remain ignorant to the facts.

Poor performance around testing, kits used and understanding the science around tests by the USA so far, top stuff by the Germans and South Koreans in comparison at this stage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Read it 4 or 5 times lol and you can't find the WSJ article, lol
    I'm now reading an award winning scientific magazine with articles from top medical journalists and the article I'm currently reading is all about the different Coronavirus tests and the failure rates and you don't believe the false negatives of 30% in some cases, lol.

You can do your own research or just remain ignorant to the facts.
    OK, help us out then. Post up links to the articles you are reading.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't work in the medical field but I have worked in environments where things could escalate very quickly.
    Ah, that makes you an expert. We can't really argue on your thoughts on the matter, it's abundantly clear you're not actually doing a great deal of thinking.

I don't work in the medical field but I have worked in environments where things could escalate very quickly.
    Jesus Christ.

OK, help us out then. Post up links to the articles you are reading.
    Help yourself, look for your own info.

ICU at the gwent has 11 beds when things are normal, during this pandemic it has had 45, all taken. Don't think it's at that level now. Some of the people in this thread need to do something a little more productive for mind, body and soul. It seems like(although i'm not medical) some people are going a bit nuts. Stretch yer legs...

Banned

Help yourself, look for your own info.
    https://scienceornot.net/2012/12/04/...rden-of-proof/

is this where I type in lol?

The main point of my post was the BBC reporting.
    As for the ICU being a week away from being overrun my point was fairly simple. If at the time in question it had been close to being overrun we would have known about it at the time, almost without doubt. It is the nature of this thing and the reporting of it that such immediate and bad news would have been out in the public domain almost as soon as someone could get it there. It's human nature. The fact that it wasn't indicates to me that it never got to that critical point. That is what I believe.
    The man made the statement over a month after the event as one comment in an interview and the BBC picked up on it. It really was that simple. Please don't blow up my remarks into something big deal because they aren't. Disagree with my perception of it by all means but battering on at me will not alter my thoughts on the matter. But hey, if it makes you feel better or righteous please carry on. fill ya boots.
    So now you are disputing what the consultant said. Your argument isn't just with the BBC for taking a comment about April and leaving the impression it relates to May. Make your mind up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    So now you are disputing what the consultant said. Your argument isn't just with the BBC for taking a comment about April and leaving the impression it relates to May. Make your mind up.
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Jesus Christ.
    The righteous arrogance of a certain type of person never fails to amaze me..."so not even that close, despite what the consultant said"

International

Dearme you do all bang on, just about someone's personal opinion. I suppose it makes you feel morally superior or something, but you really should get over yourselves, this is a football website, not Mensa and not COBRA, just a football website. Don't exercise yourselves so much.

Dearme you do all bang on, just about someone's personal opinion. I suppose it makes you feel morally superior or something, but you really should get over yourselves, this is a football website, not Mensa and not COBRA, just a football website. Don't exercise yourselves so much.
    keep digging

International

See you can't do it can you? Got to have another little comment. Get over yourselves lol

Yes correct that is where you type.

You are the one making a claim not me, you don't believe the widely reported 30% failure rate of some tests and that is the be all and end all of it.

Banned

You've based your opinion on, basically, having a job. You tried to use the fact that you once had a job as you being qualified to explain why the consultant is wrong.

Banned

Yes correct that is where you type.

You are the one making a claim not me, you don't believe the widely reported 30% failure rate of some tests and that is the be all and end all of it.
    No, you are the one making the claim that the test is 30% inaccurate. I have not said either way what I believe the accuracy rate of the tests are, although the various companies producing the tests are reporting 95% accuracy.

I told you the reasons I don't put much faith in that figure, you have not yet given a reason why you believe the figure is accurate. It's just "widely reported". When I ask you for links, you tell me to find them myself (aka shifting the burden of proof).

Do you think a personal opinion can’t be wrong?

No, you are the one making the claim that the test is 30% inaccurate. I have not said either way what I believe the accuracy rate of the tests are, although the various companies producing the tests are reporting 95% accuracy.

I told you the reasons I don't put much faith in that figure, you have not yet given a reason why you believe the figure is accurate. It's just "widely reported". When I ask you for links, you tell me to find them myself (aka shifting the burden of proof).
    I'm not making any claims you are.

Got to have another little comment
    The irony

Banned

Here is the claim you are making

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09
    yet the test we had was only 70% accurate at the time
    If you're not making that claim, I have to ask why you are defending the figure so rigorously?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do you think a personal opinion can’t be wrong?
    I once had a personal opinion that was correct. Therefore, all personal opinions are correct.

Here is the claim you are making

If you're not making that claim, I have to ask why you are defending the figure so rigorously?
    I'm not defending it anymore than I would defend the earth is round, it's widely accepted.

Banned

I'm not defending it anymore than I would defend the earth is round, it's widely accepted.
    If I query (not that I ever would) the assumption that the world is round, you would show proof that the world is round.

If I query the assumption that these tests are not as inaccurate as you claim, what would you do?