+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Don't understand her comments about cases decreasing in under 20s, when her chart clearly shows cases increasing in all sub-sections of under 20s.
    tweet 3 charts seem to support that statement

International

I thought someone said cases of under 30s were now a greater percentage of cases but we not increasing, just that all the other cohorts were being infected less.
    Charts and info about cases numbers often appear to contradict each other.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58300897

More than 80 private Covid travel test providers listed on the government's website will be issued two-strike warnings over misleading prices, (England) Health Secretary Sajid Javid has announced.

A further 57 firms will be removed from the website on Monday, because they either no longer exist or do not actually provide the relevant tests.

But consumer group Which? said that it had warned the government about the problems with private travel test providers six months ago.

"It's welcome news that the government is finally taking responsibility for its list of test providers and carrying out an audit, but it's six months late," Rory Boland, travel editor at consumer association Which?, told the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58300897

More than 80 private Covid travel test providers listed on the government's website will be issued two-strike warnings over misleading prices, (England) Health Secretary Sajid Javid has announced.

A further 57 firms will be removed from the website on Monday, because they either no longer exist or do not actually provide the relevant tests.

But consumer group Which? said that it had warned the government about the problems with private travel test providers six months ago.

"It's welcome news that the government is finally taking responsibility for its list of test providers and carrying out an audit, but it's six months late," Rory Boland, travel editor at consumer association Which?, told the BBC.
    Was wondering where this thread had gone? Looks like the Ozzies are in the do do, endless lockdown…..Is NZ about to join them?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Was wondering where this thread had gone? Looks like the Ozzies are in the do do, endless lockdown…..Is NZ about to join them?
    many saw the Oz, NZ border lockdowns as the great answer

Yet, little cases mean people are less likely to have the vaccine it seems, so when the virus does get into the country it then runs riot, so have oz / nz just postponed the inevitable ? ? ?

people will still point at little ( or no ) deaths from covid, but the vaccine uptake is low

do they keep the borders closed forever ? ? ? ? or live with localised / national lockdowns for the next X amount of years ( while life in other countries just continues ) ? ? ?

Same travel story with more colour: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b1905904.html

While Scotland and Wales insist on a specific provider, price £68, England simply provides a list of companies. The (England) health secretary, Sajid Javid, described some of them as “cowboys”. Yet here they are, including fly-by-night firms that see travel testing as a get-rich-quick scheme with government backing.

Some destinations ask for a test before travel, usually only for unvaccinated travellers, but many do not. No airline, ferry firm or international train operator will ask you for a Covid certificate unless the destination requires one.

Yet at the government’s official website you are a click away from 01 Alpha Express Testing telling you: “Looking to travel for leisure, work, or educational purposes? You will need to present a Fit To Fly Certificate upon departure from the UK.”

I have asked the firm to remove the claim before too many people assume that an official provider linked from a government site will tell the truth, and waste £85 on an unnecessary test

Earlier in the week I did the same when the Corona Test Centre asserted: “Fit To Fly Test – Required. Mandatory for most flights leaving the UK.” Travellers were invited to spend £129 for a PCR test certificate that was likely to be completely pointless....

Amazed that no-one has commented on the Channel 4 Doc "Did Covid Leak from a Lab in China?"
    Hesitated to post details on here as the resident dolts will probably (and mistakenly once again) think one is endorsing a conspiracy theory.
    Seems that the virus may have been found in a bat cave in 2012; the US may be indirectly involved as part of world-wide 'gain of function’ research (chilling) and that the level of safety in the Wuhan lab was BioSafety 2 - the level at which our dental surgeries operate.
    I'd post more, but could you handle it?

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2021/08/d...in-theory.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Amazed that no-one has commented on the Channel 4 Doc "Did Covid Leak from a Lab in China?"
    Hesitated to post details on here as the resident dolts will probably (and mistakenly once again) think one is endorsing a conspiracy theory.
    Seems that the virus may have been found in a bat cave in 2012; the US may be indirectly involved as part of world-wide 'gain of function’ research (chilling) and that the level of safety in the Wuhan lab was BioSafety 2 - the level at which our dental surgeries operate.
    I'd post more, but could you handle it?

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2021/08/d...in-theory.html
    Everyone knows about the bat theory dont they?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    many saw the Oz, NZ border lockdowns as the great answer

Yet, little cases mean people are less likely to have the vaccine it seems, so when the virus does get into the country it then runs riot, so have oz / nz just postponed the inevitable ? ? ?

people will still point at little ( or no ) deaths from covid, but the vaccine uptake is low

do they keep the borders closed forever ? ? ? ? or live with localised / national lockdowns for the next X amount of years ( while life in other countries just continues ) ? ? ?
    Business in Oz and particularly the South Island in NZ are really suffering also, the latter relying heavily on foreign tourists. My kiwi mate reckons loads will go under if they don’t open soon….and now they might have months of lockdown if the Delta variant kicks off

174 died today. Cornwall have asked people not to go there, and Scotland are muttering about bringing in restrictions again.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    174 died today. Cornwall have asked people not to go there, and Scotland are muttering about bringing in restrictions again.
    Well over 3,000 cases in Wales in the figures yesterday (although that was for the previous forty eight hours, not twenty four), 1,300 cases today.

There’s consistently 100 plus people dying in the UK every day now, who are they? Are they all anti vaxers or youngsters who thought there was no need to bother with one? That hardly seems realistic to me and yet the public are being told nothing when previously we were getting things like breakdowns of those who had died by age group all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Cornwall have asked people not to go there
    Not going to make a jot of difference, we had friends up from Cornwall last week, they said its rammed, our fav place to eat / drink is booked till end of Oct, not even taking walk-ups, just bookings only

reading and Leeds Festival this weekend

lets be honest, the youngsters have missed out on 12 months of fun to try and keep us oldies alive

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well over 3,000 cases in Wales in the figures yesterday (although that was for the previous forty eight hours, not twenty four), 1,300 cases today.

There’s consistently 100 plus people dying in the UK every day now, who are they? Are they all anti vaxers or youngsters who thought there was no need to bother with one? That hardly seems realistic to me and yet the public are being told nothing when previously we were getting things like breakdowns of those who had died by age group all of the time.
    You can still get the breakdowns on the gov website. Because we have so many people vaccinated it’s mostly old/immunocompromised people who’ve been jabbed.

It’s sounds callous but the daily average is hovering around 100 a day (reported date of death) which isn’t as bad as you’d think when compared to other causes of deaths. Obviously it’s better if we don’t have them but unless it’s get worse I think is what living with Covid looks like for now until we get more of the population vaccinated. Winter and autumn could be a worry but I don’t think we should be rushing to bring back lots of restrictions just yet.

I think seeing the statistics everyday makes us it look terrible but we have to remember 500 people die a day of cancer.

If I’m honest I’m at the point where I’m not sure what the best thing to do is anymore as to me it isn’t obvious besides wearing masks on public transport/in shops what else we should be doing unless we are happy to have restrictions for another few years.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Business in Oz and particularly the South Island in NZ are really suffering also, the latter relying heavily on foreign tourists. My kiwi mate reckons loads will go under if they don’t open soon….and now they might have months of lockdown if the Delta variant kicks off
    I think they’re victims of their own success and delta has sort of ****ed them a bit because it’s harder to stop the spread.

But I’d rather be in their position. The only thing they messed up on really is they don’t have the supply of vaccines yet. Vaccine uptake in oz and NZ isn’t low they just don’t have the supply yet, it’s starting to ramp up and once they hit 80% or adults fully vaccinated they’ll relax travel slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You can still get the breakdowns on the gov website. Because we have so many people vaccinated it’s mostly old/immunocompromised people who’ve been jabbed.

It’s sounds callous but the daily average is hovering around 100 a day (reported date of death) which isn’t as bad as you’d think when compared to other causes of deaths. Obviously it’s better if we don’t have them but unless it’s get worse I think is what living with Covid looks like for now until we get more of the population vaccinated. Winter and autumn could be a worry but I don’t think we should be rushing to bring back lots of restrictions just yet.

I think seeing the statistics everyday makes us it look terrible but we have to remember 500 people die a day of cancer.

If I’m honest I’m at the point where I’m not sure what the best thing to do is anymore as to me it isn’t obvious besides wearing masks on public transport/in shops what else we should be doing unless we are happy to have restrictions for another few years.
    my life is 100% back to normal, apart from wearing a mask in shops and Starbucks

I have said for ages, society will not be too bothered / scared by unto 200 deaths a day, but at how long can that go on for ? ?

Yeah I’m living as normal too really other than mask on the tube/bus and not back to the office yet. Just hoping schools going back doesn’t have too bad of an affect and the cases start to drop at some point.

I don't know about vaccine supply in NZ/Oz but I think Ceredigion has one of the lowest rates of vaccine uptake in Wales and also had one of the best local versions of test and trace.

If there is a new virus pandemic then obviously best thing to do is have as few cases as possible until research is done and ideally vaccine developed.

We've been reminded of basic good health tips during this that are worth keeping hold of and government should seriously consider making immediate access to SSP (and higher payments) a permanent thing even if it's just to protect work productivity.

At the moment we're enjoying the outside anyway. Real test comes in winter time to see if people still opening windows on buses and wearing masks or whether 2018 flu death figures are an aspiration rather than a failure now we've seen basic health measures work really well.

Not going to make a jot of difference, we had friends up from Cornwall last week, they said its rammed, our fav place to eat / drink is booked till end of Oct, not even taking walk-ups, just bookings only
    Mate of mine said places are closing early (chip shops etc) and pubs can't get the staff so a few aren't open. All happy sunning it up on the beach with their furlough

International

omn the BBC site it says of the number of new cases today 50% are under 30.
    Hopefully that will translate into less serious illness and less or shorter hospitalisations.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Mate of mine said places are closing early (chip shops etc) and pubs can't get the staff so a few aren't open. All happy sunning it up on the beach with their furlough
    yep, a lot of places are shutting early due to staff issues, the seasonal workers are not moving down to Cornwall in the rented shared houses, as the landlords are using airB&B to rent out weekly instead of the season

yep, a lot of places are shutting early due to staff issues, the seasonal workers are not moving down to Cornwall in the rented shared houses, as the landlords are using airB&B to rent out weekly instead of the season
    Company I work for had a few lads not turn up for work, rooms paid for and the boss told the owners of their digs the score and offered him to put them back up so he could make a few quid extra, 3 rooms went in less than an hour in mid Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I hope you wear medical grade ones and replace after each use ��
    I've taken to wearing a bucket

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

This goes some way towards answering the question I asked;-

https://www.theguardian.com/theobser...care-for-covid