Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
Before any discussions deciding whether one approach was right and one wasn't, you have to define what getting it right actually means.
I would define 'getting it right' in this instance as a government introducing measures and/or restrictions that are proportionate to the problem.

I didn't believe for one second that the Welsh government were doing that in December and I don't believe they are doing that now. It's an absolute farce that City are playing Blackburn in the Championship tomorrow afternoon behind closed doors, while Newport are facing Harrogate in League Two in an empty stadium and Chester have been forced to postpone their National League North game against Brackley Town. Total and utter nonsense. Meanwhile, football and rugby matches will be played without any restrictions throughout the rest of the UK.

If Drakeford and his cronies had anything about them, they would have admitted early in the week that they overreacted to the alleged Omicron 'tsunami' (which was later downgrade to a storm) and relaxed all of their ridiculous restrictions without any further delay. But, of course, they were never going to make such an admission, and instead they're going to drag this nonsense out for another couple of weeks.