+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I remember you saying that the vaccine rollout would be the beginning of the end too.....
    I think you're talking about this:

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5120002

Last September, when you said:
    "Think they are just saying 6 months as that’s winter over at least, even though the last lockdown started at the end of last winter.....

Maybe there will be a vaccine? Didn’t Vallance say the other day there was a small chance it could be ready for those who need it most by Christmas? Now, that would be the sort of news that if true most people would just toe the line up until then, knowing things will be normal again post Christmas. I’d be happy to sit in for 3 months if it was nailed on this would end once and for all."

And I replied:
    "The arrival of the vaccine will be the beginning of the end, but it will still take a painfully long time before we can say it's ended once and for all. "

The end clearly refers to the end of lockdowns, restrictions, etc. Please don't twist my words to make it seem like I said the vaccine was the beginning of the end of the virus itself.

Later that day in the thread you called me "the merchant of doom"
    but time hasn't proven me wrong yet, wouldn't you say goats?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think you're talking about this:

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5120002

Last September, when you said:
    "Think they are just saying 6 months as that’s winter over at least, even though the last lockdown started at the end of last winter.....

Maybe there will be a vaccine? Didn’t Vallance say the other day there was a small chance it could be ready for those who need it most by Christmas? Now, that would be the sort of news that if true most people would just toe the line up until then, knowing things will be normal again post Christmas. I’d be happy to sit in for 3 months if it was nailed on this would end once and for all."

And I replied:
    "The arrival of the vaccine will be the beginning of the end, but it will still take a painfully long time before we can say it's ended once and for all. "

The end clearly refers to the end of lockdowns, restrictions, etc. Please don't twist my words to make it seem like I said the vaccine was the beginning of the end of the virus itself.

Later that day in the thread you called me "the merchant of doom"
    but time hasn't proven me wrong yet, wouldn't you say goats?
    Things aren’t doom like at all are they? Doom monger

Things aren’t doom like at all are they? Doom monger
    Not really, I was just saying what I thought would happen. It turns out I was right, and looking at the thread again I wasn't the only one. Plenty of people called it.

Unlike Mr Deluded here, with his "if the vaccine is out before Christmas then things will be normal after"

Not really, I was just saying what I thought would happen. It turns out I was right, and looking at the thread again I wasn't the only one. Plenty of people called it.

Unlike Mr Deluded here, with his "if the vaccine is out before Christmas then things will be normal after"
    How were you right again? I’m too busy to spend the day searching through threads....vaccines....beginning of the end

How were you right again? I’m too busy to spend the day searching through threads....vaccines....beginning of the end
    I copied it in the post for you on this page, as I guessed you might try to make an excuse like that.

I copied it in the post for you on this page, as I guessed you might try to make an excuse like that.
    You are so right Lardy or shall we just call you professor Whitty......it’s just you are trying to hard to prove yourself right which usually means one thing. The end is nigh

You are so right Lardy or shall we just call you professor Whitty......it’s just you are trying to hard to prove yourself right which usually means one thing. The end is nigh
    You're the one who brought up my post from 9 months ago, not me.

I had my second dose a few weeks back. Well done for doing the right thing

Got my 2nd vaccine Monday too....is it worth it Lardy? You tell me....is there any point?