Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
Much of the public appear to be following the rules that best suit them - i.e. Johnson's.

Today I have seen a house with 8 people in the front yard. The house is lived in by an elderly couple, so they have 6 people visiting.

The Barry Island live webcam sees a dozen people outside O'Shea's fish and chip shop on the promenade. The fish shop has changed its message from "stay home" to "Welcome to O'Sheas". Barry Island has been dead of late, it is definitely busier than this time last week (with similar weather).

The Stay at Home message that the Welsh Government are churning out is rendered invalid when trips to garden centres are allowable. It's also been rendered invalid by Johnson's completely incomprehensible message, a message that required a 50 page document to clear up!

This wave isn't even finished, hopefully we will avoid a second wave but today it looks like an increasing number of people are becoming more blase about social distancing.
I went on my fortnightly food shopping trip to Aberdare yesterday afternoon and I'd say the picture was more mixed. The road over the mountain from Treherbert was the busiest I'd seen it in the two plus years I've lived up here, but this was partially explained by the fact that a hearse was driving very slowly and causing a tail back of over twenty vehicles, but, even so, I'd still say it was busy even by pre lockdown standards.

However, the number of people parked along the road to walk their dogs, enjoy the view etc. was less than I'd seen before during lockdown and I only had to queue for 15 minutes at Tescos compared to forty five last time I went - the journey back over the mountain was quiet as well.

On the other hand, there were much more people wandering around in Treherbert than I'd seen before and I think it's probably fair to say that there are some very liberal interpretations as to what constitutes "exercise" being employed!

Regarding the R value, I see that the German figure has fallen back again following the initial rise when the lockdown was eased, so it's probably best not to get overly concerned by one day's worth of results, but, at the very least, it is unfortunate politically that the first new R value reported in England (I assume it was England not the UK?) after Johnson waved his arms about to the nation last Sunday showed an increase.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-re...on-the-decline