Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
That is a strange list - is it your top 5 of incidents/events where you think Labour/Starmer got it wrong without comment on here?

I'm certain there was discussion of point 1 in the Covid thread (not going to trawl through to pick posts out) and at the time many posters agreed with the stance taken by Starmer. His argument at the time was completely consistent with criticising the government for slow progress whether you agreed with him or not.

Points 2-4 have all been discussed in several threads on the Politics board. I agree with your observation in point 2 and said so at the time. So did others.

I have no idea what point 5 is about. Dawn Butler MP accused the police of racial profiling when she was stopped in August last year, and she was supported by spokespeople of the National Black Police Association and others who have campaigned against the racist practice. I don't know what the photos are that you say are misleading - but the police have never denied the stop or given a credible reason for it - the clear inference is that she and her friend in the car were stopped because of their skin colour.

However, if you want to start a pile in on Kier Starmer I'm happy to join in. I am still a member of the Labour Party (just) but I think Starmer and the Blairite gang who are surrounding him (MPs, staff and Mandelson) are a disaster.
I thought the same thing Jon, right down to me knowing nothing about point five.

A constant bugbear of mine is that so many in the Labour party see the other faction in the party as a bigger rival than the party that has kept them out of Government for more than a decade - I’d say that you’d get left wing posters on here joining in with any thread started by a Conservative supporter who were more critical of the Labour Party than the Tory ones!

For myself, you only have to read my reaction to the Batley and Spen result to see I can hardly claim to a blind loyalist either!