+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Govt policy is falling apart. Just been into Cheltenham to pick up Mrs P. Town is absolutely heaving. Great atmosphere etc but by God it’s a breeding ground for this virus. It’s ok for 60,000 to go to the racecourse today but if Cheltenham Town were playing at home tomorrow in front of 3,000 the game would be cancelled.

It’s not safe to attend a football match in the fresh air but it’s fine to go to a pub, cinema, theatre or restaurant. This is an absolute shambles.
    Don't think it's the government advising on sporting events. I think it's those organisations themselves doing it. Because the government have washed their hands (no pun intended) of trying to contain it (as it seems at the moment), there's lots of confusion and conflicting actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Don't think it's the government advising on sporting events. I think it's those organisations themselves doing it. Because the government have washed their hands (no pun intended) of trying to contain it (as it seems at the moment), there's lots of confusion and conflicting actions.
    Therein lies the huge problem. Different organisations going in different routes is going to be counter productive. It’s up to our Government to lead. They are not doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Therein lies the huge problem. Different organisations going in different routes is going to be counter productive. It’s up to our Government to lead. They are not doing so.
    Far be it from me to defend a Tory Prime Minister, but the fact of the matter is that Boris and Co issued their guidance yesterday and the likes of the Premier League and the EFL decided to ignore it today. The government can’t make the leagues play football if they don’t wish to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Far be it from me to defend a Tory Prime Minister, but the fact of the matter is that Boris and Co issued their guidance yesterday and the likes of the Premier League and the EFL decided to ignore it today. The government can’t make the leagues play football if they don’t wish to do so.
    You can criticize the decision both ways if you are so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You can criticize the decision both ways if you are so inclined.
    Yes and time will tell who was right. It doesn’t bode well when the footballing authorities completely disagree with the Government.