+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Plan A , Plan B or even C you get the feeling this virus can circumvent many prevention measures.

Maybe I’m being a bit over cautious, but I’m thinking of giving the game a miss tomorrow.

Covid is rife in most schools & colleges at the moment, but under 18’s can stroll about the CCS tomorrow unchecked !

Mrs is worried we might infect her 97 year old dad.

Am I being over cautious ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Maybe I’m being a bit over cautious, but I’m thinking of giving the game a miss tomorrow.

Covid is rife in most schools & colleges at the moment, but under 18’s can stroll about the CCS tomorrow unchecked !

Its a personal choice, and only you can make it

BUT

this might be around for years in these high / low number cycles, are you prepared to give up on life for the next 5 years ( maybe more ) ? ? ? , my mum walked down Barry high street yesterday to go and buy some " halloween bunting ", I thought this was crazy, but she said she wanted to get out of the house and be normal for 1 hour

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its a personal choice, and only you can make it

BUT

this might be around for years in these high / low number cycles, are you prepared to give up on life for the next 5 years ( maybe more ) ? ? ? , my mum walked down Barry high street yesterday to go and buy some " halloween bunting ", I thought this was crazy, but she said she wanted to get out of the house and be normal for 1 hour
    It’s much easier to “give up” on a part of your life which has made you bored, angry, despairing and disillusioned over a period of years - there are stacks of reasons (including the increase in Covid cases) why going tomorrow seems a bad idea and I’m struggling to think of any that has me thinking it’s a good one.

Sorry that you feel like this.
    You’re double vaccinated ,and you’re outdoors. The fans in attendance will either be the same or have had test to allow them to gain admission.

Young people are not drivers of this disease which is why they are not governed by the same “ show us your papers “ guidelines.

Cases are high, but we test more people in a day in the Uk ���� than Europe combined and hospitalisations and deaths ( which is what really counts ) is much lower than last year thanks to the vaccination take up.

As Bluematt has said, this virus will be around for years ( probably indefinitely ). I appreciate we are all different but the media don’t report all the facts and reassure the public. The positive information is available , you just have to go looking for it via alternative media outlets.

Young people are not drivers of this disease which is why they are not governed by the same “ show us your papers “ guidelines.

I’m sorry, but it is spreading like wildfire in young people !!!!

Been told one school in Newport has “shut down”, and students told it’ll be reviewed after half term.

It’s the under 18’s who are the problem

I’m sorry, but it is spreading like wildfire in young people !!!!

Been told one school in Newport has “shut down”, and students told it’ll be reviewed after half term.

It’s the under 18’s who are the problem
    If you’re that concerned, then I would suggest you shouldn’t attend then which is in reply to your original question.

The government in Wales obviously don’t think children need to produce ( passport) evidence which suggests they are not a danger to you given the overly cautious approach the WAG stance has been through the pandemic. They are obvious satisfied with the vaccine efficacy and take up within the principality.

Sadly the inevitable happened this evening, my brother in law passed away from Covid. He’s had dementia for a few years now but was still lucid & mobile. Covid changed all of that in a few short days. Not sure I can cope with my wife’s grief, I’m pretty shit at that side of life.
    Thanks to all those who’ve left comments on my previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Sadly the inevitable happened this evening, my brother in law passed away from Covid. He’s had dementia for a few years now but was still lucid & mobile. Covid changed all of that in a few short days. Not sure I can cope with my wife’s grief, I’m pretty shit at that side of life.
    once again, sorry about your news
    all the best

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    So sorry to read this. I'd read your previous posts and it's heartbreaking for you, your wife and family.

If I was going to be seeing a 97 year old relative I'd probably be ultra cautious too. You're unlikely to be missing much other than Warnock being magnanimous