Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
It’ll be interesting to see where we go from here. I managed to see all of the press conference yesterday and almost all of what the experts were saying made sense to me. However, today their advice has effectively been ignored by all of the sporting authorities. It’s an unprecedented situation. Nobody knows for sure what is the best way to deal with it, but I can’t help thinking we’re seeing an overreaction right now. That’s based on the ridiculous behaviour of a significant percentage of the public. However, I’m trying to keep an open mind.
The current government plan is that roughly 60-70% of the population will get it (and in fact need to get it) and that we just need to manage the peak successfully to avoid utter disaster within the NHS. I would guess that the football authorities weren't happy at their game being used as the conduit facilitating this slow steady spread of the virus, especially as it is likely to kill (all being well) 300,000 people. When the WHO are publicly saying they don't understand our approach, people should be questioning it.