Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
To be fair, the article you linked to says as much:

“The whole field is plagued by poor quality studies, by ideology-driven sweeping statements that cannot be backed up by science,” said Professor Tom Jefferson, of Oxford University, one of the authors on the review. “How does it transmit? Most likely droplets and contact.”

Weird that you'd get passive aggressive with someone when you apparently didn't even read the bloody thing yourself.

EDIT: Jefferson is also an idiot, for what it's worth

"His theory was Covid-19 may simply have lain dormant for years before suddenly emerging. As an example of this possibility, he pointed to the isolation of Western Samoa, which lost 22% of its population to Spanish flu in 1918, and claimed the islands had no contact with the outside world. However, it is well documented that Spanish flu arrived in Samoa on board the SS Talune on 7 November, 1918, when six infected passengers from New Zealand were allowed ashore."
For me, the discussion should centre around scientific journals with credibility as opposed to an ideologically driven newspaper opinion piece that is very selective about the information it publishes. And yes, full disclosure, I hate The Telegraph. It's a climate-change-denying employer of Boris Johnson. Why on earth would I believe anything in it?

Yes, Jefferson got that one spectacularly wrong.

More full disclosure. I worked with Oxford University back in the late 90s on a couple of pharmacological studies they were funding. This was well before forced early retirement due to Multiple Sclerosis. I now work on game development (I re-skilled and re-purposed my development skills into setting up something I loved doing as a hobby). I found it really difficult because there was a massive clash between academia and commercial development thinking. I was glad when the collaboration ended.