+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Only 4 deaths today, and the numbers are usually higher on a Tuesday as they're catching up from the weekend - could that be a tentative sign that the lockdown is starting to work?
    I'd say the new cases figure of just over 1,100, while not great, may be a sign of encouragement. As you say, Tuesday isn't normally a good day for the stats, so that figure may be a sign that things are improving, but it'd need two or three days of similar figures before any conclusions could be drawn. Four deaths is good by recent standards, but that figure would be the last one to start showing any firebreak influence and I fear it'll be something of a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd say the new cases figure of just over 1,100, while not great, may be a sign of encouragement. As you say, Tuesday isn't normally a good day for the stats, so that figure may be a sign that things are improving, but it'd need two or three days of similar figures before any conclusions could be drawn. Four deaths is good by recent standards, but that figure would be the last one to start showing any firebreak influence and I fear it'll be something of a one off.
    yes good point

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    OK yep 44 deaths reported today - must hve just been a longer than usual delay from the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    OK yep 44 deaths reported today - must hve just been a longer than usual delay from the weekend
    A bad day in the U.K. as well with 492 deaths and 25k plus new case.

My missus, her sister and another close friend were tested yesterday, two positive, one negative. The negative one lives with me..................the test was negative I mean, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My missus, her sister and another close friend were tested yesterday, two positive, one negative. The negative one lives with me..................the test was negative I mean, obviously
    Are the two that tested positive poorly? And was Mrs SP poorly resulting her in needing a test?

I hope they are all OK

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Are the two that tested positive poorly? And was Mrs SP poorly resulting her in needing a test?

I hope they are all OK
    Her sister’s neighbour and grandchildren had it (yet her husband tested negative?), the husband is disabled so my sister in law helps out. Because of the positive tests next door she had a postal test, which came back positive today, she hasn’t been unwell. The friend, who my missus goes on a daily walk with, is a care worker and a colleague she works with tested positive on Monday, so she was advised to have a test despite not feeling unwell, test positive. Even though they walk apart and in the open air my missus decided to have a test for piece of mind, result negative. Very quick getting the test, applied yesterday morning, was offered three time slots and went down the City at half twelve yesterday and received the result half twelve today, very well organised and prompt. I must admit she’s quite smug tonight, while the other two are well pissed off.