+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Where does the BBC state that Cummings' claims are true?
    I give in clever man, where does the BBC say his claims are true?

If you read my post you will grasp that I was listening to the radio and therefore it isn't written anywhere. I'll give you the benefit of knowing that, which leaves the question of why did you ask when you knew there was nothing.
    The aggressive questioning but the presenters on both programmes. All their questioned were predicated on the assumption that what he said was right and how could Johnson/Hancock possibly deny them. And when they interviewed someone who appeared not to agree with that premise they continued to press them over and over again to agree that it was so.

As I have said here before, it is all too easy for people to demand 'proof' and 'links' without having to actually engage in any thought themselves are having to actually voice a personal opinion. God forefend.
    That type of questioning is quite normal for those programmes

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

If you read my post you will grasp that I was listening to the radio and therefore it isn't written anywhere. I'll give you the benefit of knowing that, which leaves the question of why did you ask when you knew there was nothing.
    The aggressive questioning but the presenters on both programmes. All their questioned were predicated on the assumption that what he said was right and how could Johnson/Hancock possibly deny them. And when they interviewed someone who appeared not to agree with that premise they continued to press them over and over again to agree that it was so.

As I have said here before, it is all too easy for people to demand 'proof' and 'links' without having to actually engage in any thought themselves are having to actually voice a personal opinion. God forefend.
    Do you think that journalists challenging people of power of whatever persuasion should shy away from asking awkward questions or just show respect for their rank?

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Do you think that journalists challenging people of power of whatever persuasion should shy away from asking awkward questions or just show respect for their rank?
    No I don't. But when they try to ask a question 6 or 7 different ways because they do not like the answer they are given, then it is stupid.

I merely questioned what you wrote but your response is rather confusing. And something can be stated verbally, you know.

International

I merely questioned what you wrote but your response is rather confusing. And something can be stated verbally, you know.

yes it can but the verbal answer cannot then be shown at a later date, which is what you asked for.
    As Sam Goldwyn said, 'A verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on'.

yes it can but the verbal answer cannot then be shown at a later date, which is what you asked for.
    As Sam Goldwyn said, 'A verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on'.
    I didn't ask for a verbal answer to be 'shown' at all. You asserted something and I was interested in the source of your assertion. Many sources are available for a period of time whether they be in the written form or even on the radio - and your assertion clearly referred to the BBC so it is probably easy to trace via BBC iPlayer.

International

I didn't ask for a verbal answer to be 'shown' at all. You asserted something and I was interested in the source of your assertion. Many sources are available for a period of time whether they be in the written form or even on the radio - and your assertion clearly referred to the BBC so it is probably easy to trace via BBC iP2layer.
    i didn't "assert" anything, i just passed comment on what I heard on a live BBC Programme that was being broadcast at the same time as Cummins was being questioned.
    Again I'll say that the people on here who demand 'proof' or 'links' whenever they see something they disagree with and who try to make others look foolish whilst having no real opinion themselves are living in an unreal world. If the same people reacted like this to everything that was said to them in real time they'd very soon find themselves with no one to talk to. Can you imagine being for example in a pub and every time someone said something the cry was "Prove it" or "where's the link"?
    It's totally ridiculous.

i didn't "assert" anything, i just passed comment on what I heard on a live BBC Programme that was being broadcast at the same time as Cummins was being questioned.
    Again I'll say that the people on here who demand 'proof' or 'links' whenever they see something they disagree with and who try to make others look foolish whilst having no real opinion themselves are living in an unreal world. If the same people reacted like this to everything that was said to them in real time they'd very soon find themselves with no one to talk to. Can you imagine being for example in a pub and every time someone said something the cry was "Prove it" or "where's the link"?
    It's totally ridiculous.
    Why do you assume that someone interested in a subject is trying to make someone else look foolish? What live broadcast was it, by the way?

International

Why do you assume that someone interested in a subject is trying to make someone else look foolish? What live broadcast was it, by the way?
    Because that's the way your posts normally come across.

News at 1 and later PM the same day.

International

Looking at the news this morning with quotes from this Baroness, it made me wonder what happened with Gethin? Was he elbowed out for arguing with Drakeford? Was it the chips on a park bench? Did he jump or was he pushed? I meant to ask at the time.

He seemed to leave with unseemly haste after the election and I can't see anything he did particularly disastrous. does anybody know?

Looking at the news this morning with quotes from this Baroness, it made me wonder what happened with Gethin? Was he elbowed out for arguing with Drakeford? Was it the chips on a park bench? Did he jump or was he pushed? I meant to ask at the time.

He seemed to leave with unseemly haste after the election and I can't see anything he did particularly disastrous. does anybody know?
    If Drakeford still plans to step down a la Rhodri Morgan and Carwyn Jones before him then it could just be about giving more than one MS a chance of public facing role before next leadership election.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If Drakeford still plans to step down a la Rhodri Morgan and Carwyn Jones before him then it could just be about giving more than one MS a chance of public facing role before next leadership election.
    Or perhaps giving Gething experience of another major department before he takes over the top job.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I get that but I sort of looked at it the other way, that maybe Drakeford doesn't want Gethin to follow him and so took him out of the spotlight to give people the time to forget his contribution.

Giving him the chance to run another department is also a valid point but again not so high profile. I just wondered if some closer to the Labour party than am I might have known or heard something.