+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I have no idea what SODA is not being a political animal as you are, and I never mentioned the temperance society, but some of these people would probably be members of it if it still existed. I did not say they have undue influence with the people who control pub licencing and opening hours either. you ar changing things to suit your agenda.
    I said there are certain kinds of people who dislike pubs and drinking and they would be happier the longer that pubs are closed and if it means a lot will never reopen then they will be happy. They have no thought for the people who's livelihoods rely on them. And these people do have the ear of the government and do exert a level of influence that the average man in the street never could. That is my belief, if it isn't your well that for you. I don't really care.
    Why do people persist with this? i'm not going to change my belie and you're not going to change yours. Live with it, I can!
    ".. the Welsh Government have said they MAY allow some resumption of the tourism before the END of summer..". The difference between UK/England and BJ and Drakeford is BJ has one eye limiting the catastrophic damage to jobs, economy etc., whereas Drakeford isn't bothered - just showing how different he can be. Of course he's "one of us ", so exempt from criticism here in Wales,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ".. the Welsh Government have said they MAY allow some resumption of the tourism before the END of summer..". The difference between UK/England and BJ and Drakeford is BJ has one eye limiting the catastrophic damage to jobs, economy etc., whereas Drakeford isn't bothered - just showing how different he can be. Of course he's "one of us ", so exempt from criticism here in Wales,
    Do you really think Drakeford is basing all his decisions on a "let's be different from England" approach? Welsh schools are reopening to pupils across all school years from June 29th, and the school term has been extended by one week. I suspect that is based on the scientific evidence rather than a "let's beat England" mindset. Similarly, I suspect Drakeford is also basing the tourism roadmap on the scientific evidence being presented to him.

International

But his minister said the 5 mile rule. would still apply and that people would only be allowed in places where they have their own bathroom and kitchen because there would be not restaurants or what have you available. But even if someone in Cardiff wants to go to England to (for example go to the beach) he/she will break the 5 mile rule before getting anywhere near England and someone coming from England the other way will have a similar problem. Are they going to allow an Englishman to drive to a cottage in Pembroke for his holiday but tell me I can't drive 8 miles to Barry island? It's nonsense.

Banned

But his minister said the 5 mile rule. would still apply and that people would only be allowed in places where they have their own bathroom and kitchen because there would be not restaurants or what have you available. But even if someone in Cardiff wants to go to England to (for example go to the beach) he/she will break the 5 mile rule before getting anywhere near England and someone coming from England the other way will have a similar problem. Are they going to allow an Englishman to drive to a cottage in Pembroke for his holiday but tell me I can't drive 8 miles to Barry island? It's nonsense.

What the **** are you on about? I agree your description does make it sound "nonsense", but your description is very wrong.

A person from England would (should) not be allowed into Wales full stop.

A person from England could, if they wanted to, drive from Hereford to Devon as long as they don't stay overnight. But, they couldn't go from Hereford to Penarth because the rules are different in Wales.

I made the same point yesterday. It's getting daft now. Trivial, small-minded. parochial, over-complicated, contradictory, and utterly daft..

Banned

I made the same point yesterday. It's getting daft now. Trivial, small-minded. parochial, over-complicated, contradictory, and utterly daft..
    Two people making the same point with no factual context, on the same messageboard? What are the chances of that?

I made the same point yesterday. It's getting daft now. Trivial, small-minded. parochial, over-complicated, contradictory, and utterly daft.
    If you're talking about the current situation with regard to the Covid-19 guidelines in Wales, I would like to admit the following: rightly or wrongly, I regard myself as a reasonably intelligent individual; I have been working, travelling on public transport, shopping for myself and shopping for elderly relatives throughout the pandemic; I watch the news almost every day and often watch the daily Covid-19 briefings; I also use the internet every day and often read the BBC news website; nevertheless, I am now in a situation whereby I genuinely have no idea what the rules in Wales currently are.

It's become an absolute farce.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If you're talking about the current situation with regard to the Covid-19 guidelines in Wales, I would like to admit the following: rightly or wrongly, I regard myself as a reasonably intelligent individual; I have been working, travelling on public transport, shopping for myself and shopping for elderly relatives throughout the pandemic; I watch the news almost every day and often watch the daily Covid-19 briefings; I also use the internet every day and often read the BBC news website; nevertheless, I am now in a situation whereby I genuinely have no idea what the rules in Wales currently are.

Come on TLG it’s simple, 5 miles will get you from rhiwbina into town just, not sure about splott, you probably can’t go to Rumney or st Mellons though, or penarth, sorry no Ikea when it opens. If you happen to live in Pembrokeshire it doesnt matter at all as nothing is five miles away, you can drive the whole county to your favourite beach or butchers, it’s fine, it’s Pembrokeshire, the county that lives on tourism but doesn’t want to let tourists in.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Try and figure this out then :
    “We have no immediate plans to lift the stay-local message in Wales,” said Mr Drakeford.

He added that how and when the five-mile travel limit is eased will rely on the progression of the coronavirus in Wales, and that he could not be certain if the limit would still be in place in “another six or nine or 12 weeks."

However, he added that it is likely to remain in place if and when parts of Wales'
    tourism industry reopens

Taken from Wales Online this evening. Apart from suggesting the 5 mile rule could be in place all summer, no crowds at football etc. until next yr at least, he suggests the tourist industry could open in Wales with the 5 mile rule still in place.

Banned

“We have no immediate plans to lift the stay-local message in Wales,” said Mr Drakeford.

He added that how and when the five-mile travel limit is eased will rely on the progression of the coronavirus in Wales, and that he could not be certain if the limit would still be in place in “another six or nine or 12 weeks."

However, he added that it is likely to remain in place if and when parts of Wales'
    tourism industry reopens

Taken from Wales Online this evening. Apart from suggesting the 5 mile rule could be in place all summer, no crowds at football etc. until next yr at least, he suggests the tourist industry could open in Wales with the 5 mile rule still in place.
    The 5 mile radius cannot be policed anyway. My workplace is opening up to 25% capacity and not many live within 5 miles. But, if he has said that, then it defies all logic.

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The 5 mile radius cannot be policed anyway. My workplace is opening up to 25% capacity and not many live within 5 miles. But, if he has said that, then it defies all logic.
    I commented on this earlier and was laughed at, people seemed to think I'd misheard or something. The government said that tourism could restart but people would have to stay in self sufficient accommodation with their own bathroom and cooking facilities because communal facilities would not be open.
    It was added, (I think by Mr Yates) that once tourists are in their holiday accommodation the 5 mile rule would apply so they couldn't drive off all over the place every day.
    As one can imagine, it is ridiculous. Taken literally it means that someone from England could rent a holiday cottage and drive to it so long as once there they observe the 5 mile limit, but I cannot drive 8 miles to Barry Island. It's insane!

tourism industry reopens

Drakeford is getting another absolute roasting on wales online this eve on the wales timetable story, sounds like people in west wales who need income from the tourism sector are starting to lose it

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Drakeford is getting another absolute roasting on wales online this eve on the wales timetable story, sounds like people in west wales who need income from the tourism sector are starting to lose it
    Can't find it. do you have a link?