+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Neither does the government. Nobody really does. However, if lots of countries believe one approach is right and follow each other, why do we think a different approach is better?
    I don’t know. I’m not an expert. However, because ‘lots of countries’ have adopted one approach doesn’t mean it’s right. Besides, as far as I’m aware there have been different approaches from different countries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don’t know. I’m not an expert. However, because ‘lots of countries’ have adopted one approach doesn’t mean it’s right. Besides, as far as I’m aware there have been different approaches from different countries.
    Hence the problem. I've had a bad cold for a couple of days and Mrs Bee said I hope it's not the coronavirus. I said well at least if it is, I'll get better, be immune and if you get it, you'll be the same, and our boy. She then asked about her elderly mother who would be in a high risk category. Trickle down theory etc. It made me think that it's in none of our interests to contract it. This herd theory is much more frightening for those at higher risk.

Hence the problem. I've had a bad cold for a couple of days and Mrs Bee said I hope it's not the coronavirus. I said well at least if it is, I'll get better, be immune and if you get it, you'll be the same, and our boy. She then asked about her elderly mother who would be in a high risk category. Trickle down theory etc. It made me think that it's in none of our interests to contract it. This herd theory is much more frightening for those at higher risk.
    The other side of it though is you do it the way the other countries have done it, a short sharp shock to minimise infections, and then it comes back in the winter and very few people have got immunity so this all happens again.

I've got a very layman's understanding of it all but I can see the logic behind the thinking. What the actual right thing to do and real term consequences of each option are though I have no idea

Surely it’s Mrs Half a Bee?