+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 350 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The BBC corrected that. It was not someone who worked for the Trust and they issued an apology.

Not to say there isn't an issue.

I'm dismayed that so far nearly 10% of all Covid deaths reported worldwide are in the UK. What is going on?
    What's going on in Belgium ? The worst death rate per head of population in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Not sure what point is - if he wasn't well enough it would make sense. Bit like that NHS director asking the BBC the contact numbers for PPE suppliers.
    I think the point being made was about Boris Johnson putting his feet up when he was fit and able and skipping a number of COBRA meetings, which are only called at times of National crisis to chill at Chevening. What makes you think that he was ill in February and early March?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think the point being made was about Boris Johnson putting his feet up when he was fit and able and skipping a number of COBRA meetings, which are only called at times of National crisis to chill at Chevening. What makes you think that he was ill in February and early March?
    He was putting his feet up ?

I reckon that he was his 'Normal' self during February and early March, which i hindsight, is a huge part of the problem.

Heisenberg

I think that it's safe to say that Monkfish knows more about this subject than the rest of us. He's of the 'sceptical' generation, apparently. He's obviously read and comprehended the Boris Johnson/COBRA stuff at a level that's beyond us and is rightfully sceptical about why BJ should be attending those meetings. I mean, it was bats that allegedly transmitted the virus anyway... not cobras.

What's going on in Belgium ? The worst death rate per head of population in the world.
    Belgium records even suspected cases of Coronavirus in their COVID-19 death count. That may be one factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think that it's safe to say that Monkfish knows more about this subject than the rest of us. He's of the 'sceptical' generation, apparently. He's obviously read and comprehended the Boris Johnson/COBRA stuff at a level that's beyond us and is rightfully sceptical about why BJ should be attending those meetings. I mean, it was bats that allegedly transmitted the virus anyway... not cobras.
    Boris doesn't believe in emergencies. The worst thing that could have happened was him Getting Covid 19-he'll think that he's ****ing bomb proof and speak from experience-which is always dangerous.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Belgium records even suspected cases of Coronavirus in their COVID-19 death count. That may be one factor.
    Deaths in the community are counted on cause of death local doctors put on certtificates and since this began anyone who had died, if there was covid 19 present, even if there was some other possible reason for the death, or if the doctor didn't have any other grounds to rely on, have been recorded as Covid 19 deaths.
    so that is not much different to Belgium really.
    Presumably a cae of erig on the side of likelihood.

I'm not jumping up and down and getting my knickers in a twist like the usual gang on here just because there's a chance to take a swipe at the PM. Calm down, calm down enjoy the evening..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Boris doesn't believe in emergencies. The worst thing that could have happened was him Getting Covid 19-he'll think that he's ****ing bomb proof and speak from experience-which is always dangerous.
    Some of the media will campaign for the bumbling bean bag to be the first ever living person to be beatified when he returns with his mix of bluster and bullshiit.

Banned

Whataboutism is alive and kicking, just a shame it's coming from a "skeptic".

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The word from Downing Street at the time that Boris was in hospital was all about how strong he was and how his spirit would overcome the Coronavirus.

Now we get this shit from Gove: ""I think that anyone who considered what happened to the prime minister not long ago, nobody can say the prime minister isn't throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus."

So, because he was hospitalised, it proves that he's done everything he can to prevent the spread of Covid-19?! It boils my piss.

Banned

Not sure what point is - if he wasn't well enough it would make sense. Bit like that NHS director asking the BBC the contact numbers for PPE suppliers.
    Whataboutism again.

I'm not jumping up and down and getting my knickers in a twist like the usual gang on here just because there's a chance to take a swipe at the PM. Calm down, calm down enjoy the evening..
    Not sure people asking a question or two of the Government is "getting your knickers in a twist" but let's agree to disagree.

Out of interest do you think there's anything in the article by the Murdoch owned, traditionally Tory Sunday Times that justifies criticism of Johnson and co's response to the pandemic?

Heisenberg

Of course not, because you don't care about what he does or doesn't do, really. I doubt you're alone in that respect.

You're still under the impression that there's 'nothing to see here' when it comes to Covid-19. It's baffling and concerning that there's people like you out there.

Banned

The word from Downing Street at the time that Boris was in hospital was all about how strong he was and how his spirit would overcome the Coronavirus.

Now we get this shit from Gove: ""I think that anyone who considered what happened to the prime minister not long ago, nobody can say the prime minister isn't throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus."

So, because he was hospitalised, it proves that he's done everything he can to prevent the spread of Covid-19?! It boils my piss.

I wonder how often the Tory party are going to play that joker card?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I wonder how often the Tory party are going to play that joker card?
    Every time they/BJ gets criticised for not doing enough?

Yeah if a frontline healthcare catch it they do so "throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus", Johnson catching it because he was shaking hands with patients when he clearly shouldn't have been is hardly the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah if a frontline healthcare catch it they do so "throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus", Johnson catching it because he was shaking hands with patients when he clearly shouldn't have been is hardly the same thing
    He came down with it a month after allegedly shaking hands. Symptoms usually emerge after around 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    He came down with it a month after allegedly shaking hands. Symptoms usually emerge after around 2 weeks.
    Ok fine, amended -

Yeah if a frontline healthcare catch it they do so "throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus", Johnson catching it through bad luck is hardly the same thing

The fuucking irony of the Tories crying about a Murdoch owned right wing shiit sheet printing “falsehoods”

That looks the most abject response to a critique of an article (which in itself was mostly constructed from people in government who are knifing Boris Johnson in his sick bed and fighting like rats in a sack to avoid blame and position themselves for the future) that I can recall. What was your favourite rebuttal? I went for this:

Claim - The government sent 279,000 items of its depleted stockpile of protective equipment to China during this period in response to a request for help from the authorities there.

Response - The equipment was not from the pandemic stockpile. We provided this equipment to China at the height of their need and China has since reciprocated our donation many times over. Between April 2-April 15 we have received over 12 million pieces of PPE in the UK from China.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Deaths in the community are counted on cause of death local doctors put on certtificates and since this began anyone who had died, if there was covid 19 present, even if there was some other possible reason for the death, or if the doctor didn't have any other grounds to rely on, have been recorded as Covid 19 deaths.
    so that is not much different to Belgium really.
    Presumably a cae of erig on the side of likelihood.
    Have you been on the haggis?

Apparently, the problem is mainly in the north of country where they are Flemish to start with.