+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/sta...452422151?s=19

how many of these did we commit to buying?
    The article you quote says "The AstraZeneca vaccine trials have been halted after the drug gave adverse reaction to a trial participant in the UK". Presumably this is just one participant out of thousands? It seems a bit dramatic to halt the whole trial - I guess it must have been a severe adverse reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The article you quote says "The AstraZeneca vaccine trials have been halted after the drug gave adverse reaction to a trial participant in the UK". Presumably this is just one participant out of thousands? It seems a bit dramatic to halt the whole trial - I guess it must have been a severe adverse reaction?
    there will be predetermined acceptance criteria for the trial, and you have to consider that one adverse reaction in however many vaccines they've trialled so far could scale up to a lot when. you roll it out to millions of people

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there will be predetermined acceptance criteria for the trial, and you have to consider that one adverse reaction in however many vaccines they've trialled so far could scale up to a lot when. you roll it out to millions of people
    There is always a person who is allergic to something though isn’t there?
    I really wouldn’t know how many people can meet up in Wales now anyway, is it 10 or 2 families? I can see bars being shut down to stop the 18-30’s spreading it this winter. It’s going to be tough for that age group.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There is always a person who is allergic to something though isn’t there?
    I'm pretty sure they would have thought of that when they were designing the clinical trials tbh.