Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
im not very anti-Drakeford, just pointing out that it was not factually accurate. Like you I am 'not died in the wool' attached to any particular party as TOBW is. Last time around I voted Boris in for no other reason than to get Brexit done. If an election was held tomorrow Starmer would probably get my vote.

As for the current situation under Boris, it's shambolic. Everyday we seem to be exposed to another mess and no end in sight. He is a delegator but his team is young and inexperienced and it shows. Sad thing is it doesn't seem to be getting any better
It's true I have voted Labour most of my life, but not entirely so - I'd say I've almost voted as much for other parties as I've voted for Labour in local, general and EU elections in the last twenty years. Also, if you were sad enough to go looking through my posts on here around early March time, you'd see my saying that I didn't want to be political when it came to the virus because the UK Government had been landed with a hell of a task, worse than anything I could remember in my lifetime.

I was also critical of the Welsh Government as well as the UK one in the spring when I had realised that it was impossible for me not to bring politics into what was happening, but, increasingly, it seems to me that Drakeford and Welsh Labour are outperforming Johnson and the Conservatives - although, as Rjk rightly points out, the latter are setting a very, very low bar.

As mentioned earlier, the present UK Government are facing a test that much more able administrations than this one would have struggled with, but has the situation changed much in the last few months when it seems to me that only a Chancellor who has had things relatively easy in so far as he has been, mainly, giving money out up to now has suggested he has the competence to succeed in a Cabinet that seems to have too many in it who have been rewarded for their loyalty to both Brexit and the Prime Minister?

I'm not naive enough to believe that we would not see instances of the sort of cronyism involving Dido Harding, her husband and Alun Cairns if there was another party running the UK, but it just seems more blatant and out in the open under this lot.

I may not have been Labour all of my life, but I have been, and always will be anti the Conservative Party. Johnson and co aren't bothered about someone like me I'm sure, but they should certainly be very concerned about what some of their friends are saying about them. For example, the Daily Mail front page has made for some very interesting reading at times during the past few months - this article, written this month, is also hardly the sort of thing you'd expect to read in that paper;-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...R-trouble.html