+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Anybody who hasn't heard of the 2m guideline must have been living in a cave.
    The other day I was made aware of this:
    Ely Bridge Surgery.JPG
    Yesterday I had to go there to collect a prescription and get the medication for my 88 year old father. The surgery had it's door locked and was operating a one in, one out policy. Several of the good people of Ely were patiently waiting outside and were social distancing. Some creature then appeared next me, she looked like she was a bit too familiar with the route to the fridge, and was breathing heavily as she'd just negotiated the three steps to the entrance. Despite the enormous signs on the door, she tried to barge in, then asked me the score whilst panting all over me. I tried discreetly moving away from her, which meant that other people had to shuffle away. I told her to ring the bell, she couldn’t find it, despite it being at the pointy end of a large arrow that said ‘BELL ~ please push with elbow’. She pulled her sleeve down over her hand and pressed the bell, fair enough. No exaggeration, but within 10 SECONDS she had her face up to the glass door, peering in saying 'Where the hell are they'. Usain Bolt couldn't have got to the door in that time. When the door opened, I was handed my prescription and walked to the pharmacy next door. I joined the well-spaced queue on the pavement. After some time, the woman emerges from the doctors, passes everyone in the queue and walks straight into the chemists, only to be told to get out, she was informed there was a queue and that she was at the end of it. She then proceeded to mutter and moan to herself. She had a lanyard with an employee ID on it, so must have been sort of normal. I give up.

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    The other day I was made aware of this:
    Ely Bridge Surgery.JPG
    Yesterday I had to go there to collect a prescription and get the medication for my 88 year old father. The surgery had it's door locked and was operating a one in, one out policy. Several of the good people of Ely were patiently waiting outside and were social distancing. Some creature then appeared next me, she looked like she was a bit too familiar with the route to the fridge, and was breathing heavily as she'd just negotiated the three steps to the entrance. Despite the enormous signs on the door, she tried to barge in, then asked me the score whilst panting all over me. I tried discreetly moving away from her, which meant that other people had to shuffle away. I told her to ring the bell, she couldn’t find it, despite it being at the pointy end of a large arrow that said ‘BELL ~ please push with elbow’. She pulled her sleeve down over her hand and pressed the bell, fair enough. No exaggeration, but within 10 SECONDS she had her face up to the glass door, peering in saying 'Where the hell are they'. Usain Bolt couldn't have got to the door in that time. When the door opened, I was handed my prescription and walked to the pharmacy next door. I joined the well-spaced queue on the pavement. After some time, the woman emerges from the doctors, passes everyone in the queue and walks straight into the chemists, only to be told to get out, she was informed there was a queue and that she was at the end of it. She then proceeded to mutter and moan to herself. She had a lanyard with an employee ID on it, so must have been sort of normal. I give up.
    She sounds like a catch. Did you get her number?😉