Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
you have to wonder why Labour haven't gone on the offensive more. at the announcement yesterday Starmer was completely passive. if anything Johnson attacked him more than the other way around.

I can only imagine that they are purposefully keeping their tinder dry at the moment, so as not to be seen to be undermining the efforts to curb the virus, as I don't think an overly combative approach would go down well with a lot of people at the moment.
hopefully there will be an inquiry at the end of this all, and at that point they will at least look to land some punches.
I think it's awkward for any opposition party because we're on as close to a war footing as nearly all of us have seen during our lifetimes and so a governing party can play the loyalty card and imply that criticism of their actions is, somehow, unpatriotic. I think that's rubbish and would do if the WAG tried such an approach as well, but I'd say it's quite a tough charge to disprove if you're a political party, so other parties in Westminster are having to perform a pretty tricky balancing act.

We're seeing in recent replies to my posts that there are many who are, it seems, indifferent to, for example, the sort of unlawful acts Matt Hancock has indulged in - you and I may find that thread you posted a link to shocking, but I think we're probably in a small minority.