Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Because I live in the county, I was well aware that RCT had the highest proportion of cases per 100,000 in the U.K. for long stretches of the spring/early summer and, if memory serves me correct, there were times when seven out of the worst ten counties were Welsh. The BBC link posted by delmbox states that the current worst Welsh county, Merthyr, is rated fifty fifth - that to me is a good thing and I don't get why you seem reluctant to acknowledge it.
I wasn't referring to your comment or the figures in your area. I was referring to the post I quoted and to the claim by an earlier poster who considers Wales is much safer and is doing so much better than England when the figures suggest there is very little difference, if any, between the two. In my area for example the figures are probably half of those in RCT but I wouldn't be so bold as to draw any comparisons between the two and certainly not say Devon is doing so much better than Wales on the basis of the quoted figures. However I stress I was not referring to any comment made by you. I hope that clears things up.