+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we have been back to normal ( most restrictions removed ) in the UK since about the same time ( freedom ??? day was the 19th July )

We do test a lot ( normally around the 1 mill per day mark ), so maybe thats why our numbers are higher than other countries, if you don't test then you have low figures ( last time I saw the testing figures for Poland ( which was fairly recent ) it was around 25 - 35K a day ) at the end of the summer I believe Russia had the highest number of confirmed cases, guess what, they were also the highest testers ( even higher than the UK which is going some )

Dont test and you have very little cases , in the past 2 weeks 5 children have had Covid in my daughters class, not one had symptoms and were picked up with testing
    Us testing more doesn’t make a difference if you compare the positivity rate and death rates.

I’ve actually got no idea why we are so much worse than everywhere else. Covid passports and mask mandates help, but to this extent?

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Us testing more doesn’t make a difference if you compare the positivity rate and death rates.

I’ve actually got no idea why we are so much worse than everywhere else. Covid passports and mask mandates help, but to this extent?
    Obesity may play a part. Only two countries in Europe trump us on that front according to https://www.theweek.co.uk/96429/ten-...ries-in-europe

And according to https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...rotect-the-nhs
    "Nearly 8% of critically ill patients with COVID-19 in intensive care units have been morbidly obese, compared with 2.9% of the general population."