Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
[/B]

The English ( UK) Government's actions related to Covid cover 80% approx of the UK population. Wales has a very porous 120 mile long border with England, so whatever England decides has a major effect on the Welsh population. On the big issues we are united UK wide....Hands..Face..Space..Vaccinations..the rest is tinkering around the edges, and being used by Wales and Scotland in particular to make political points.

As I said in the previous post, from today England allows outdoor meetings of groups up to 30 in number. In Wales we allow it for groups up to 50. It's not logical that 50 can meet in Chepstow but only 30 a few miles away in Lydney.
As you know I go camping a lot. As recently as last week I could go to any campsite in England and use the communal toilets. In Wales it was not allowed. If you didn't have on board facilities in you camper van, tough luck. These sorts of differences have a big impact on people but defy logic when it comes to protecting the UK from Covid.
More confusing I could go to a pub in Wales and use the communal toilets, same as England....but not at campsites.
For the Welsh and English quangos it's been more about being different. Whenever the Government has introduced rules on numbers of people mixing, whether inside or outside, the Welsh & Scottish have come up with different numbers and scenarios. It's all supposed to be based on the same science /logic, yet surprise surprise, every single rule change has been implemented differently across the UK.