Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
You can laugh if you like, but you're bleating just like the Government are - see Duncan Smith's outrage at being asked the sort of question anyone defending a Government should be asked in the current situation and the use of what is supposed to be a public service information website to post their "comprehensive debunking" (I must have got it wrong because I spent about half a century thinking those two words meant something completely different to what you seem to believe they do).

Tell it like it is - a lion when it comes to telling it like it is about those on one side of the political spectrum and as gentle as a lamb when it comes to those on the other side.
What utter crap.

I've seen Labour supporters claiming Gordon Brown chaired COBRA during foot and mouth, completely ignoring the fact that was 2001, Brown PM 2007-10.

I've seen Labour activists claiming no PPE, their own Trust saying otherwise. Doesn't mean there aren't shortages in some Trusts but media portraying it as every Trust.

I've seen Ian Lavery saying this is a great opportunity for Labour to campaign.

I've seen Labour supporters abusing CMO, deputy CMO - including misogyny.

Are the government making mistakes, probably, every government almost certainly is in an unprecedented modern event.

As for the Times, since December they've been more and more anti-Johnson. Not a fan of his, didn't vote for him as leader, but like it or not, he's PM. I suspect it's been co-ordinated and I suspect it's by a cabinet minister in particular Gove. Oh look, I've criticised a Tory there. There's in-fighting within Tories, not to the extent there is within Labour but I've little doubt some are actively briefing against the government. That briefing isn't just damaging the government as a whole, but also causing CMO, deputy CMO et al to get a lot of undeserved crap.

As for the media in general, the press conferences have been crap. Why? Because journos keep asking the same questions having been given the answer by the medical experts seconds before. Media are continually looking for a "gotcha", certain media people like Peston looking after own brand first - ie when he was schooled by deputy CMO and then played the victim on twitter.