Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
Really?
Decisions were being made in isolation to cancel some events whilst the government dithered over making a definitive decision over others and Boris was busy shaking hands of covid patients in hospital.
Liverpool played Athletico Madrid with 4000 Spanish fans coming over. The Cheltenham festival went ahead and all they did was install a few hand sanitizers. The government should have acted at least 2 weeks earlier in cancelling these and other events, but instead thought that herd immunity was the way to go.
Allowing flights here from India whilst banning those from neighbouring countries was a questionable decision aswell. Wasnt he trying to negotiate a trade deal at the time?
I agree, I think they got almost every single decision wrong. Why did all those people go to Cheltenham knowing the risk? The Liverpool match, the jocks coming down for the rugby etc etc….I know people who went off ski ing the week or so before lockdown, no one seemed to give a shit, just carrying on going to things etc….