Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Just been listening to a scientist on the radio saying that this "moonshot" scheme could feasibly work, but it just sounds so Johnson doesn't it? An announcement made about some grandiose scheme, stacks of media coverage and then, just as with the tracing app and the world beating track and trace system, it fizzles out into either mediocrity or non existence. When he was Lord Mayor of London, they were vanity projects which had little effect on people's lives, but the stakes are completely different now and people's lives are at stake.

When has one of Johnson's predictions regarding Covid been shown to be correct? He and his party still enjoy the support of millions, but I would suggest that, when it comes to the virus, they do not have the confidence of the country because of a combination of bungling and the clear breach of trust created by the Dominic Cummings episode.

The devolved Governments of the other home countries appear to have retained the trust of most people and back in March when Johnson addressed the country about the virus, polls showed that a large majority were behind him, but now the reaction will be different I feel - on Tuesday, a Government Minister admitted to the Commons that Johnson's Government were proposing to break international law when it comes to Brexit and a day later he's threatening people with fines if they do not obey laws that come in on Monday, it's not a good look.
I agree with you, this moonshot thing will never ever happen. 10 million tests a day? Give it a rest