Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I've seen that chart in another thread saying Wales' death rate was higher than England's in December, but are you saying that Wales' is higher over the course of the whole pandemic? Also, if you are going by the December figures, then it's a bit of a leap to say that Wales had the worst death rate in the world last week - all I'm doing is saying that there are figures which show that the UK had the worst death rate in the world last week, I make no claims about Wales because those figures have not been broken down.

Regarding the six weeks of vaccines across the whole of the UK, not just Wales, it's not six weeks of both vaccines is it, because the Oxford one has only been available to the public for just over a fortnight, so for the majority of the time people have been receiving vaccinations, only the Pfizer one has been available - do your calculations make allowance for that?
I took the data from the UK Gov Covid dashboard which shows total deaths for each home country since the start of the pandemic.

The vaccination data is overall not manufacturer specific, and whilst C&V daily jab rate has increased it's hardly touched the at risk elderly population. The only area of Wales that seems to be on course for vaccination coverage is North Wales