Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
I has nothing to do with government, what he was saying was because people were moving around less because of the christmas break there was less passing on of infections so if christmas hadn't happened the numbers would have been even higher. That's all.
So, there would have been even less passing on of infections if the UK Government had announced a lockdown when it was needed instead of trying to “rescue Christmas” and figures in Wales would have been better if the WAG had been less keen on getting things back to “normal” so quickly after the Firebreak ended in early November. As I said, credit to both Governments for the vaccine, but the people being saved by the rapid rolling out of said vaccine are a drop in the ocean compared to the number who have died in the UK in the last eleven months - I read an article last week that said their success with the vaccine was like scoring a penalty in the last ten minutes when you were 10-0 down as far as the UK Government is concerned, I think that’s a bit cruel, but the sentiment behind it is right.