+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It made me wonder if these numbers re telling us we have passed the pre opening crest of this wave, which might inform those that can work it out when we can expect to reach the crest now we re opened up?
    As I pointed out before, there are often data reporting lags/snags so single day data can be misleading. 7-day moving averages and weekly totals are more reliable. For the whole UK, as of today, there was a 40% increase in cases on a base of the previous 7 days. Just so you don't go down the Trump hole again, approximately the same number of tests were conducted over the two seven day periods. I think you can infer case numbers are rising. So are hospitalizations and deaths. Albeit the relationships that emerged in 2020 among cases, hospitalizations and deaths are now no longer valid.

Personally, I think now is a time for caution. Mask-wearing, avoiding congregate settings and social distancing works; both personally and socially. These aren't that hard to do, surely?

Re: Coronavirus update

It would be absolutely wonderful if we're in a strong position now* because that means we can double our efforts to help the wider world.

We (at this time referring to the UK) need to protect wider world from the Delta Variant as we need France to protect the UK from the Beta Variant. We also need to help wider world get access to vaccines.

Understanding of the risks, what actions can be used to reduce this and empathy for others in the UK and outside it.

*though everyone with any sense is still recommending caution here and slow release of pandemic habits.