Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
OK, fair enough and I agree that it is pointless comparing this with cancer and diabetes as some are doing.

However, I also agree that the news outlets are not giving out many facts other than number of cases, number of deaths. Number of recoveries is also important.

Also, I'd like to hear more from those that have recovered. Were they very sick, were they not sick at all?

And, I'd like to know more about the cases in Italy, are people's symptoms getting worse - i.e. is the illness mutating. The death rate in Italy is 39% of closed cases, worldwide that is 6% but that is factoring in the Chinese lies, Iranian lies. South Korea is 19%. UK is 25% at the moment. But, is that because we don't consider a person recovered until they test negative etc, or is it because there is something else going on?

Once I get all these sorts of facts, I can make a decision about whether or not this is something I need to lose sleep over.

I also think some countries should be left off these stats because their accuracy is in question.
Of course number of recoveries are important but no one's suggesting we're all going to die from Coronavirus. In comparison with a lot of other diseases it (hopefully) will have a lower mortality rate BUT socially and financially it could be devastating, and already is to several countries. Italy's completely quarantined, what effect do you think that will have on its economy? Or China's?

I work in TV and Film, I'm Freelance. We started prep on a new show on Monday, we shoot in a few weeks until mid June. If one of our crew gets it, or an extra is revealed to have had it we'll likely have to isolate loads of people, worst case scenario shooting stops, it gets postponed until god knows when, millions of pounds lost, loads of people out of work.

That is a worst case scenario but we'll be dealing with hundreds of people in a load of different locations for this, if it continues to spread then there's a reasonable chance that someone will know someone who has it. And that's true of every workplace in the UK/the world. THAT'S why it's getting reported in a way that's out of sync with the fatality rate