+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

To think that everything Cummings said was the truth is daft as is arguing that Johnson/Hancock are wrong in all they say - such black and white perspectives are why this country is more divided than I can ever remember it being. In saying that, although Cummings was unconvincing for me at times, much of what he said seemed plausible and was just a rehash of things that were in the public domain already.

By the same token, Hancock seemed wholly unconvincing to me when he spoke about what was happening in care homes last spring and the link I posted yesterday showed that he was, being charitable, mistaken in his claim that tens of thousands of people were being vaccinated in Bolton every day.

Re: Coronavirus update

Hancock asked specifically whether he gave the assurance to Cummings and others that patients would be tested before discharge to social care

Hancock glosses over saying “so many” of the allegations were unsubstantiated but doesn’t specifically refute it

He then goes off on a tangent about how the Scottish government made the same mistake about discharge.

Indeed they did. Difference is the Scottish government is not maintaining they put a protective ring in place as they did so.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/st...59475231498242
    It is being incorrectly reported this morning that this new PHE report shows just 1.6% of care home outbreaks were seeded from hospital discharges.

It says 1.6% were seeded from *confirmed* Covid-positive patients. Most were *not being tested*!

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/sta...84022472335362
    I'd rather go for a drink with Hancock than Cummings but can find it believable that Hancock was (and is) being kept in a job so could be sacked at the right time.

Probably should add that reports suggest Hancock has long backed vaccines to get us out of this mess while others opposed lockdown including, if media reports accurate, Sunak in the autumn/winter.