+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think what he meant was that they get information form a lot of different sources and have to put it all together and find a common way forward. If for example it's 1.1 in liverpool them presumably it is lower somewhere else. That's not a lot of comfort to liverpudlians but I think they also consider the falling infection rate and stuff like that when they consider regional actions.
    I thought he said the R was between .7 and .9 all over the Uk and so I assumed that what he meant was that, as long as that was the case, there was no need for localised lockdowns, but he seemed somewhat distracted throughout the briefing to me and so I might have got the wrong end of the stick.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought he said the R was between .7 and .9 all over the Uk and so I assumed that what he meant was that, as long as that was the case, there was no need for localised lockdowns, but he seemed somewhat distracted throughout the briefing to me and so I might have got the wrong end of the stick.
    I wasn't sure myself. What I posted is what I "think" he meant. But I don't believe they'd knowing let the R go up to 1.3 or whatever number which would cause everything to go tits up. Even the government can't be that stupid. Can they????

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I wasn't sure myself. What I posted is what I "think" he meant. But I don't believe they'd knowing let the R go up to 1.3 or whatever number which would cause everything to go tits up. Even the government can't be that stupid. Can they????
    This was supposed to be a public information briefing I guess?