Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
It was a very confused picture offered by my trip to Tesco's Aberdare on Thursday morning - no queue despite the shop being as crowded as I've seen it since Christmas, no one way system any more, I wore a mask and gloves and was in something like a minority of 10 per cent of customers doing so when it came to gloves and about 15 per cent when it came to masks and yet there were much more staff wearing masks (more than 50 per cent I'd say) compared to previous weeks.
My local Morrisons is basically back to normal other than a ludicrous queuing system inside the shop which actually brings shoppers closer together rather then keeping them apart. I haven't had to queue to get in there at any time during the last two months or so. They've long since taken down almost all of the barriers outside and it's generally as busy in there as it was pre-lockdown.

I've had a couple of strolls through some of the shops in the city centre after work this week. Some have gone to very little effort in terms of social distancing inside. Others have gone to so much effort that people are bumping into each other while trying to follow the occasionally-bizarre one-way systems.

To me, all of that nonsense seems to cause more problems than would be the case if they either simply limited the numbers in the shops or just let people get on with things as normal. Almost all of these places just aren't designed for one-way systems and restricted movement. Trying to herd people in one direction often seems to cause more issues than would arise if they just left people to their own devices.