+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How many strategies has Cardiff had during the same period? Not a rhetorical question - I honestly don't know the answer, but it feels like we've had several.
    I would guess at three different strategies but can't tell you for sure.

I presume That If Keir Starmer is criticising Boris about the late Christmas change, he has also been on the phone to tell Mark Drakeford off for doing the same???

He avoided a question about the response of the devolved administrations on Sky this morning.

I don't trust either of the leaders of our two main parties at all. Different characters, both untrustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I presume That If Keir Starmer is criticising Boris about the late Christmas change, he has also been on the phone to tell Mark Drakeford off for doing the same???

He avoided a question about the response of the devolved administrations on Sky this morning.

I don't trust either of the leaders of our two main parties at all. Different characters, both untrustworthy.
    Anyone can see through the political guff, to think he would have done any different is bollox, no leader wanted to take Christmas away from the people. It’s easy for him to say this as leader of the opposition. Don’t tell me, labour would have cancelled meeting at Christmas weeks ago? I would have gone along with it personally as I think we are almost there, but no leader wanted to ratify it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anyone can see through the political guff, to think he would have done any different is bollox, no leader wanted to take Christmas away from the people. It’s easy for him to say this as leader of the opposition. Don’t tell me, labour would have cancelled meeting at Christmas weeks ago? I would have gone along with it personally as I think we are almost there, but no leader wanted to ratify it.
    I agree. The government acted swiftly which is commendable. Dr Susan Hopkins of Public Health England indicated this morning that the results of their work on the mutated virus were only presented to the government on Friday and they acted on Saturday.

Would Keir Starmer have cancelled Xmas before the results of research had been completed? Possibly as the numbers were rising but I doubt it. I had to laugh when Lisa Nandy said on the TV this morning that Labour had been consistent in their messaging on the virus forgetting that originally they were opposed to schools reopening supporting the Unions opposition and now she is saying schools should be the last to close and the first to open. That presumes she also thinks abstaining from voting from important Parliamentary debates is clear when to most of us Labour's position is as clear as mud.

In fairness Drakeford has acted quickly in response to the new virus. Fortunately he didn't take account of the messaging coming from Starmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I agree. The government acted swiftly which is commendable. Dr Susan Hopkins of Public Health England indicated this morning that the results of their work on the mutated virus were only presented to the government on Friday and they acted on Saturday.

Would Keir Starmer have cancelled Xmas before the results of research had been completed?
    Firstly, Starmer has the easy job of calling for greater action before it happens. Either he's right and people remember or he's wrong and most people forget. Labour certainly have not consistenly called for education to be treated as a priority but have for quite some time now.

However, though extremely difficult, wouldn't it have been better to cancel Christmas? Out of England's lockdown: cases were rising in the south, it's winter so strain on health services anyway, we're weeks away from students travelling across the country which previously saw a fresh spike in cases - London was put into tier two... cases were again rising, greater winter strain, and weeks away from students etc. - London was put into tier three... cases were again rising and now we've identified a new vaccine - scramble to make a decision but horse has probably already bolted. A lot of the wiggle room was sacrificed long before this weeks research was finalised in order to give a normal Christmas.

Abstaining in parliament is a bit like spoiling the ballot paper when we vote. If there are no good enough options/options you believe in what else are you meant to do while still taking part in the process? It's silly to expect opposition to oppose everything and silly to expect them to support government's position.