Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
Politically, I have never voted for one singular party. It very often changes. However, there is one mainstream party I have never been able to vote for, and that is the Conservative Party. That is purely because they have never struck me as a party that cares for people who fall on hard times, and I have always said that hard times are only a bad day away for most people. I find the concept of voting for one party all through a lifetime a bit strange because parties evolve. The Labour Party that my granddad voted for in 1997 was not the same beast as the one he voted for in 1983.

So, it is sad to see that "staunch Tory voters" are reduced to saying nonsense like "imagine how much worse it would have been if Corbyn had got in?". It's a useful line because it is purely hypothetical, and in the hypothesis it is assumed that Corbyn would have made a mess of it. It's difficult to argue against without hypothesising yourself.

lisvaneblue, who seems to be very anti-Drakeford and not very anti-Johnson (despite the Welsh handling of the crisis post lockdown being much better than the English), has replied to the video by pointing out one inaccuracy and has completely ignored the roll of shame.

I defended the Government when locking down, I still think it was the right thing to do and it very likely saved a lot of lives and saved the NHS. However, during the lockdown huge mistakes were made, not least the decision to release hospital patients into the care system. In time, that will be seen as the most idiotic decision made by a British Government in decades. The decision to rush out of lockdown (in light of removing the spotlight from Cummings and onto good news) will also be seen to be negligent in time. Labour, and Blair, may be accused of introducing "spin" into politics (although Thatcher had a very good spin team) - but Johnson spins us out of the stratosphere. Diverging from the science to divert attention from Cummings was obvious to anyone with half an ounce of sense, as is the increase in anti-migration rhetoric whenever his Government has a bad day.

As for bad days, well the BTEC results were held back today affecting 450,000 young kids. We had the A level fiasco last week affecting thousands of kids. Did we have any statement from Johnson, or is his holiday still of paramount importance?
im not very anti-Drakeford, just pointing out that it was not factually accurate. Like you I am 'not died in the wool' attached to any particular party as TOBW is. Last time around I voted Boris in for no other reason than to get Brexit done. If an election was held tomorrow Starmer would probably get my vote.

As for the current situation under Boris, it's shambolic. Everyday we seem to be exposed to another mess and no end in sight. He is a delegator but his team is young and inexperienced and it shows. Sad thing is it doesn't seem to be getting any better