+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Hoping that Omicron is the beginning of the end of Covid (As a big issue anyway).
    Very transmisable and so far very mild.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Hoping that Omicron is the beginning of the end of Covid (As a big issue anyway).
    If it’s not mild we will all be in lockdown again for January at least…..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59620163

People have been advised against attending Christmas parties to ease "increasing pressures" on the NHS.

Drakeford announces that it would be desirable if we all carry out a lateral flow test before we go shopping or visiting other people. Wow, are there enough test kits in Wales for everyone to be able to do that on a regular basis? I got our first test kit this week from our local pharmacy as my wife has cold-like symptoms and we wanted to check it out (negative thankfully). It was ironic to read that the kit was made in China - a nice little earner there. Start a pandemic and then supply the test kits!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If it’s not mild we will all be in lockdown again for January at least…..
    January 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    January 5th.
    3 months? Best pop to the pub now coz there won’t be any left by the summer

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    3 months? Best pop to the pub now coz there won’t be any left by the summer
    I think January 5th is the 1st day back for most after the holidays, perhaps 4th. No way will they impose a lockdown before Christmas because most people won't comply, and hospitality will be wrecked. After Christmas the morons will assume everyone has had as much travel, booze and food as they can take, so will be more compliant. Also the morons can take credit for 'allowing' Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Me too. It is the natural end-game for a virus really. A mild one coming in to dominate might actually be good news overall.

I have to admit, there does seem to have been a rapid escalation in the last week or so. Where there might have been people getting isolated incidents, whole groups suddenly seem to be taken out. In our work, all of a sudden I'm having 3-5 colleagues a day testing positive (despite the last-minute cancellation of any Christmas parties etc). A mate of mine has said the same thing - an entire department of 7 people all tested positive on the same day. Projects are getting put on hold all over the place because people are out with it - I've personally not seen it have this effect before.

I myself currently have it (classic version it seems, rather than variant). Had I contracted it 6 months ago I'd be at a loss to guess where it came from as nobody I knew was contracting it. Whereas now, I am at a loss to guess where it came from as it could be from multiple sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Me too. It is the natural end-game for a virus really. A mild one coming in to dominate might actually be good news overall.

I have to admit, there does seem to have been a rapid escalation in the last week or so. Where there might have been people getting isolated incidents, whole groups suddenly seem to be taken out. In our work, all of a sudden I'm having 3-5 colleagues a day testing positive (despite the last-minute cancellation of any Christmas parties etc). A mate of mine has said the same thing - an entire department of 7 people all tested positive on the same day. Projects are getting put on hold all over the place because people are out with it - I've personally not seen it have this effect before.

I myself currently have it (classic version it seems, rather than variant). Had I contracted it 6 months ago I'd be at a loss to guess where it came from as nobody I knew was contracting it. Whereas now, I am at a loss to guess where it came from as it could be from multiple sources.
    good luck with it, appears to be everywhere again

Lockdown restrictions extended in Holland