+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    UK has 5 million doses of the Oxford vaccine available. India has 50 million doses of the Oxford vaccine available. They ordered and distributed them in anticipation of the vaccine being approved so they could hit the ground running.
    I think thats incorrect. I think the total stockpile Oxford has is 50m doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think thats incorrect. I think the total stockpile Oxford has is 50m doses.
    They have 530,000 doses available with another 500,000 due next week. There isn't a stockpile

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    They have 530,000 doses available with another 500,000 due next week. There isn't a stockpile
    The world's biggest producer of vaccines, has already stockpiled about 50 million doses, enough for 25 million people. India will be the first priority for the delivery of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine, Adar Poonawalla, chief executive officer, Serum Institute of India, earlier mentioned. "The COVID-19 vaccine will be distributed initially in India, then we will look at the COVAX countries which are mainly in Africa. Our priority is India & COVAX countries," Poonawalla said.

????

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The world's biggest producer of vaccines, has already stockpiled about 50 million doses, enough for 25 million people. India will be the first priority for the delivery of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine, Adar Poonawalla, chief executive officer, Serum Institute of India, earlier mentioned. "The COVID-19 vaccine will be distributed initially in India, then we will look at the COVAX countries which are mainly in Africa. Our priority is India & COVAX countries," Poonawalla said.

????
    Yhose figures could possibly be quite correct for the serum that is being manufactured in India, but as the serum for UK is appparently being manufactured in Wrexham I'll try not to worry about it too much

Just more scaremongering.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yhose figures could possibly be quite correct for the serum that is being manufactured in India, but as the serum for UK is appparently being manufactured in Wrexham I'll try not to worry about it too much

The vaccine being manufactured in India is for the Asian market. In Uk the product is manufactured in Oxford and is filled from bulk into amps/ vials/ syringes by Wockhart in Wrexham

The vaccine being manufactured in India is for the Asian market. In Uk the product is manufactured in Oxford and is filled from bulk into amps/ vials/ syringes by Wockhart in Wrexham
    Ah.

International

Which is basically what I said. Why do you feel the need to antagonise people who are on your side?

Which is basically what I said. Why do you feel the need to antagonise people who are on your side?

Sorry if I upset you, certainly wasn’t intentional. All I did was add my bit to the ongoing debate

Vial accusations perhaps.