+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The latest 7 days on PHE website 'cases by date reported' for each of the 4 home nations.
    Well the cases by area (last 7 days) are here

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases

Wales 75k out of 1.15 million. Looks like your source or maths are askew

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Basically, the same as England. Considering Wales has consistently had tighter rules and more restrictions than England, it seems they weren't needed - other than of course, to show how 'different' we are from England.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Basically, the same as England. Considering Wales has consistently had tighter rules and more restrictions than England, it seems they weren't needed - other than of course, to show how 'different' we are from England.
    I thought the new Welsh restrictions kicked in a week ago or have I got that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If the rules were followed then maybe there would be a difference but you cannot police the whole population.

I think it probably points to a couple of things - People's attitudes towards the restrictions and the transmissibility of this variant.

It's better to be safe than sorry and taking a cautious approach at the very least shows essential workers that the government is aware of their struggles and is trying to make things easier for them.

Boris Johnson's words and policy is a kick in the face for people in the NHS who are overworked.

Thanks Cyril. The source was good, my maths were bad....

However based on those latest 7 day figures the rate per capita in Wales is well above the other home nations. England 84.3% of the UK population 80.3% of the cases. Scotland 8.2% of the population 8.8% of the cases, NI 2.8% and 3.8% of the cases, Wales 4.7% of UK population and 6.9% of the cases.

I'm sure you'll check the maths! Drakeford's rules are not producing results

However based on those latest 7 day figures the rate per capita in Wales is well above the other home nations. England 84.3% of the UK population 80.3% of the cases. Scotland 8.2% of the population 8.8% of the cases, NI 2.8% and 3.8% of the cases, Wales 4.7% of UK population and 6.9% of the cases.

Like I said to AQM. The latest restrictions came in just over a week ago and isn't there an average 5 day gap between catching the virus and symptoms showing. If that's the case then there is a greater argument for the restrictions given the comparative case levels. I would have thought it is rather premature to cast judgement but not being resident in Wales I am not as close to the situation as some.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...igures-omicron

Just shows how wary we need to be in interpreting bald statistics. This article states that Wales is the only part of the UK that counts cases of reinfection in its daily totals.

Just shows how wary we need to be in interpreting bald statistics. This article states that Wales is the only part of the UK that counts cases of reinfection in its daily totals.

This probably explains why hospitalisations in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 are so low in comparison to “cases” recorded.

The problem is with counting cases , it will always be artificially high thus making a return to some semblance of normality a long way off. Perhaps it’s by design.

Provided the positive tests are more than 42 days apart, otherwise they are not recorded