+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Cardiff 899 today.

345 more in about 10 days!!

I Might be wrong, but I think that 899 is higher than at any time before the Circuit/Fire Break/Lockdown
    Is this because of the mass testing of students going on by the Uni ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Is this because of the mass testing of students going on by the Uni ?
    Some weeks ago I would have said yes as the student areas had higher incidence. Now the MSOA data shows that there are high number of cases in the areas like Butetown, Canton, Pontcanna, Tremorfa.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Some weeks ago I would have said yes as the student areas had higher incidence. Now the MSOA data shows that there are high number of cases in the areas like Butetown, Canton, Pontcanna, Tremorfa.
    I thought they were testing them en mass before they go home? It’s all set up outside by the uni/welsh office

International

I thought they were testing them en mass before they go home? It’s all set up outside by the uni/welsh office
    That test centre has been up and running for weeks. It's a walk in centre so I believe anyone can go. It was put near the Uni to encourage the students to have a test but is not exclusively for the university.
    It will be open after the university closes for Christmas, including Christmas day.
    The students are being tested en-masse but with the 20 minute flow test or whatever they call it. They have 2 about 4 days apart and if both are negative they can go home. They only have to attend the Test Centre if they have a positive test. Then need to have the normal more invasive test to confirm.

Students are being tested en masse. The point is was trying to make is despite the student testing the areas of high incidence in Cardiff are not in the typical student areas like Cathay, Roath

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Students are being tested en masse. The point is was trying to make is despite the student testing the areas of high incidence in Cardiff are not in the typical student areas like Cathay, Roath
    Gotchya