+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Aren’t the spikes here mainly due to Muslims, Indians or Pakistani families not following the rules? I’m not sure as I rarely watch the news anymore but every time I see a glimpse they are showing these groups in Leicester, Blackburn, Bradford and the likes......there is barely any increase here in Cardiff
    If Jesus ever existed, then I think he has just wept. Firstly WHAT ****ING RULES? There are none in England. It is "don't use the bus, unless you have to go out and work or get essentials in like food and decking for the garden. Stay 2m apart, unless you can't, then stay 1 metre apart. Don't travel unnecessarily, unless you need to top up your tan in Spain. Wear a mask, unless you don't like wearing them".

This was a line spouted by a Tory, and a convenient way to point the finger in the face of the overwhelming evidence that England opened up too quickly. Let's blame the immigrants.

Of course, the evidence may actually back up this ridiculous claim, seeing as BAME people are more likely to become sicker from contracting covid-19 than white people.

But, of course, it doesn't explain why there are not as large spikes in Glasgow or Cardiff as there are in Manchester and the North West. What may explain the absence of the spikes in Wales and Scotland are the facts that we have taken a few weeks longer to emerge from the cocoon of lockdown than Johnson did. Of course, Drakeford nor Sturgeon were compromised by chief advisors flouting the rules, and neither leader had the need to stop following the science to get rid of awkward headlines.

I honestly thought the only people who would swallow the "Asians are not following the rules" would be the sort of daft sods who voted Nick Griffin. I have you down as a number of things, but not as one of those thickos. It's worrying that grown ups have swallowed this line, and more worrying that they are probably as likely (if not more so) to flout the "rules", again without understanding what those rules are.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    If Jesus ever existed, then I think he has just wept. Firstly WHAT ****ING RULES? There are none in England. It is "don't use the bus, unless you have to go out and work or get essentials in like food and decking for the garden. Stay 2m apart, unless you can't, then stay 1 metre apart. Don't travel unnecessarily, unless you need to top up your tan in Spain. Wear a mask, unless you don't like wearing them".

This was a line spouted by a Tory, and a convenient way to point the finger in the face of the overwhelming evidence that England opened up too quickly. Let's blame the immigrants.

Of course, the evidence may actually back up this ridiculous claim, seeing as BAME people are more likely to become sicker from contracting covid-19 than white people.

But, of course, it doesn't explain why there are not as large spikes in Glasgow or Cardiff as there are in Manchester and the North West. What may explain the absence of the spikes in Wales and Scotland are the facts that we have taken a few weeks longer to emerge from the cocoon of lockdown than Johnson did. Of course, Drakeford nor Sturgeon were compromised by chief advisors flouting the rules, and neither leader had the need to stop following the science to get rid of awkward headlines.

I honestly thought the only people who would swallow the "Asians are not following the rules" would be the sort of daft sods who voted Nick Griffin. I have you down as a number of things, but not as one of those thickos. It's worrying that grown ups have swallowed this line, and more worrying that they are probably as likely (if not more so) to flout the "rules", again without understanding what those rules are.
    Uh oh, the return of the total bellend

Banned

Uh oh, the return of the total bellend
    Ah, you say that as if it is a counter-argument. It isn't you daft old sod.

You read the bit where I said I’m not sure yeah? I dint really watch the news....thought you didn’t. Now your trying to make out I’m a far right racist....lovely. I’d love to meet you one day I really would

Banned

You read the bit where I said I’m not sure yeah? I dint really watch the news....thought you didn’t. Now your trying to make out I’m a far right racist....lovely. I’d love to meet you one day I really would
    Why would you love to meet me? If you watch the news with the same reasoned approach as you read my post, then it is little wonder you have jumped to the wrong conclusion. In fact, you prove as much here - I actually said "I have you down as a number of things, but not as one of those thickos". But, your rage probably didn't allow you to read so far.

To be fair, you might not be one but the comment you made was right out of a far right handbook. Saying you don't follow the news but have managed to catch some stuff about brown people not following the rules whilst simultaneously missing the hugely reported, front page of every newspaper, lead story on news bulletins carnage on the beaches perpetrated by mostly white people is a bit odd

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To be fair, you might not be one but the comment you made was right out of a far right handbook. Saying you don't follow the news but have managed to catch some stuff about brown people not following the rules whilst simultaneously missing the hugely reported, front page of every newspaper, lead story on news bulletins carnage on the beaches perpetrated by mostly white people is a bit odd
    I just assumed he was on a wind up and looking for bites.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I just assumed he was on a wind up and looking for bites.
    Here we go again. Something you evidently disagree with now has to be 'a wind up'. You really are a smug, pompous arse. All because I didn't prefix my comments with 'In my opinion', which of course you do all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Here we go again. Something you evidently disagree with now has to be 'a wind up'. You really are a smug, pompous arse. All because I didn't prefix my comments with 'In my opinion', which of course you do all the time.
    I thought Bob was responding about Goats' post rather than anything you had written in that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I thought Bob was responding about Goats' post rather than anything you had written in that instance.
    Ah ! Well if that's the case, I apologise to TOBW.

It gets a bit confusing in these threads sometimes..

If you post something on this particular thread you best make sure it’s been ratified by the WHO and maybe get it signed off by Chris Whitty just for good measure. Thankfully the pompous smug numpties that ruined this serious thread months ago aren’t in most others. They are probably all the same person anyway....winding them up now is my pleasure.

There's a video going around on twitter suggesting us to try and experiment on google regarding Covid 19.
    Choose any 3 numbers you want and add new cases so for example (789 New cases) and see what happens when you search. Makes me think - that it might not be what it seems.

I was talking about Goats' post about who was most responsible for spreading the virus.

Sorry, I notice this has already been pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was talking about Goats' post about who was most responsible for spreading the virus.

Sorry, I notice this has already been pointed out.
    Crikey, aswell as being a far right racist, now I’m responsible for spreading the virus..... I dont even look chinese
    Where’s the forum nerd gone anyway? I’m sure he will be along soon

Agree with most of this - but in fairness, Nicola Sturgeon's chief medical adviser did quit for flouting rules!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Agree with most of this - but in fairness, Nicola Sturgeon's chief medical adviser did quit for flouting rules!
    Yes, true. But - hey, Cummings still got paid last Friday. The Scottish Chief Medical Officer didn't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I have to say, as well, that the actions in Wales and Scotland are not guaranteed to stop a resurgence of covid in the respective countries (I have a feeling some may imply I said that at a later stage). It could be that a resurgence in South Wales has merely been delayed a few weeks rather than been stopped completely.